No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm with Rob on this one: I loved MOS, warts and all. It wasn't perfect, but what it got right it got VERY right. And yeah, I can't wait to own it on blu ray.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      I'm with Rob on this one: I loved MOS, warts and all. It wasn't perfect, but what it got right it got VERY right. And yeah, I can't wait to own it on blu ray.

I'll end up getting it on Blu-Ray. But, it was still a failure.

I liked STiD more than this.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        I'll end up getting it on Blu-Ray. But, it was still a failure.

I liked STiD more than this.
        I will grant that STID was better paced, but it kept stepping on its own dick with the stupidity of the script.

MOS hit me right with the emotional beats and the action scenes, and the script (while not perfect by any means) was at least consistent. It needed an edit, and it unfortunately devolved into swirling special effects a few too many times, but it was still an overall success for me.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

I will grant that STID was better paced, but it kept stepping on its own dick with the stupidity of the script.

MOS hit me right with the emotional beats and the action scenes, and the script (while not perfect by any means) was at least consistent. It needed an edit, and it unfortunately devolved into swirling special effects a few too many times, but it was still an overall success for me.

Man of Steel had Jonathan Kent commit suicide by tornado.

That was too much for me. I could accept everything else. Even, the Zod neck snap. But, suicide by tornado is where I draw the line.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• STiD made me actively made half way through and I'm not even a huge fan of Star Trek.

Man of Steel did not. Man of Steel wins for me.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              STiD made me actively made half way through and I'm not even a huge fan of Star Trek.

Man of Steel did not. Man of Steel wins for me.

Star Trek into Darkness was innocently dumb.

Man of Steel was proactively dumb.

Pick your poison.

Comment

Man of Steel had Jonathan Kent commit suicide by tornado.

That was too much for me. I could accept everything else. Even, the Zod neck snap. But, suicide by tornado is where I draw the line.
                That didn't bother me in the slightest. To cite IN BRUGES, a man has to have principles, and Pa Kent followed his principles to the end. At that moment, he felt that it was the right thing to do.

Comment

Star Trek into Darkness was innocently dumb.

Man of Steel was proactively dumb.

Pick your poison.
                  STID was excessively, insultingly dumb to the point that it slapped me in the face.
                  MOS had minor errors but nothing to take you out of the movie while you were watching it.

Comment

STID was excessively, insultingly dumb to the point that it slapped me in the face.
                    MOS had minor errors but nothing to take you out of the movie while you were watching it.

MOS had a lot more than minor errors.

MOS - made by someone who wanted to curtail the property into something he could understand.

STID - made by someone auditioning for the film they wanted in the first place.

Comment

• STID is far from innocently dumb. Not with the film spreading its truther bullshit.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        STID is far from innocently dumb. Not with the film spreading its truther bullshit.

That's Orci and that's one read of it. If anything, it shows how disjointed the creative process was on it. While it also shows that the producers, the director and the writers all had three wildly different agendas going on at the same time.

Comment

That's Orci and that's one read of it. If anything, it shows how disjointed the creative process was on it. While it also shows that the producers, the director and the writers all had three wildly different agendas going on at the same time.
                          Abrams signed off on it. He equally gets the blame.
                          Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Truther bullshit? please explain.

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                              Abrams signed off on it. He equally gets the blame.

True enough, as he did bring in Lindelof to tone it down. But, then it got just a little dumber with the whole "one draft, one take" approach.

Comment

• Would like to see all the pitches Abrams rejected.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X