No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wait, there's going to be a third one?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      wait, there's going to be a third one?

Yeah, they adapted the entire Hobbit, all of the LOTR appendices and a lit bit of the Silmarillion to pad this fucker out.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Bloom also desperately needs a hit film and a career revival.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
          Yeah, they adapted the entire Hobbit, all of the LOTR appendices and a lit bit of the Silmarillion to pad this fucker out.
          Just imagine how great a 3 hour standalone film would have been. Clear, concise, to the point.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post

Wow. I had no idea as these movies just aren't for me. But I remember reading the book over a weekend. It should just be one movie.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Rumblings are there was in fact no third film until the final round of reshoots. Hadn't even shot the Battle of Five Armies.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                Rumblings are there was in fact no third film until the final round of reshoots.

Even with that padding, I had a very hard time seeing a third movie. It's not like the extra material was that long.

This is WB/NL just trying to scrap by and survive periods where they don't have shit. Especially since the Man of Steel gravy train never left the station.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• They had unrealistic expectations on MAN OF STEEL, didn't they? It was still a huge hit, but were they honestly expecting AVENGERS numbers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    They had unrealistic expectations on MAN OF STEEL, didn't they? It was still a huge hit, but were they honestly expecting AVENGERS numbers?

They were expecting IRON MAN numbers and didn't get that. They also pissed off a lot of creative talent with how badly they treated Legendary Pictures and a lot of people jumped ship over that.

Not to mention that they were woefully under-represented in 2015's Mega Summer.

Comment

• They got Iron Man numbers. Just not stateside, which they expected after screenings, tracking data and that huge opening weekend. Also the departing head of the studio ran his mouth (knowing he was getting canned) saying how Man of Steel was going to be their biggest grossing film ever.
                      Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 10-01-2013, 08:40 AM.
                      Originally posted by Ari

Comment

They got Iron Man numbers. Just not stateside, which they expected after screenings, tracking data and that huge opening weekend.

The International take was still not what they wanted. They wanted IM numbers here. They didn't get it here.

That being said, it's still quite worth redeeming. Fire the helming staff, bump Goyer down to producing. Then, go for it.

Also, it doesn't hurt to have a finished script if you're going to start shooting in January.

Comment

• I cannot wait to get Man of Steel on blu. Still one of my favorites of the Summer next to IM3 and Fast 6.

Comment

• It wasn't This is the End or The Kings of Summer. But in terms of big budget tentpoles, Man of Steel was the highlight this summer.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

It wasn't This is the End or The Kings of Summer. But in terms of big budget tentpoles, Man of Steel was the highlight this summer.

That doesn't say much for the summer, then.

Hell, the highlight for me was the smattering of smaller indie comedies, dramas and horror that really blew it out.

Comment

• No, this past summer was ass.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X