No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been looking forward to this since watching the first film. Can't wait!

Comment

• The Wizard but with Cars, less autism, and no Jenny Lewis.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Im hooked at Dune 2. Bit sad we didn’t see the major fight in the trailer. I wanna see the weirding way like in the series. Fremen acting like coked up Bruce Lees.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• So this looks pretty damned great:
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yeah, I wasn't expecting to dig that trailer as much as I did. Pumped it's on Apple +.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• BARBIEHEIMER - finally did this yesterday, and both films were pretty great. Nolan's flick has Oscar written all over it. Murphy's performance as Oppenheimer was pretty spot on, and it was fascinating watching his interactions with the other characters and how those paid off in the last act. Downey's Strauss performance and make-up were terrific - he completely disappears into the role, so much so that you forget you're watching Downey onscreen.

Barbie was surprisingly good, and pretty damn funny. Robbie's comedic timing is perfect here, and there's a couple of moments that may get you in the feels a bit. The set designs and costumes are pretty slick, and the performances from a nicely diverse and all-inclusive cast were great - you can tell everyone involved had a blast making this, and that translated perfectly onscreen.

America Ferrara's speech deserves all the praise it's been getting, and I'm hoping/praying it inspires some ladies to do some great things, for themselves if not for the world around 'em.

Comment

• It'll be interesting to see the long term lasting power of Ferrera's speech. That could be something that is still getting play in 50 years.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Just needs to hit digital so I can watch it.

Comment

• We went with Oppenheimer first, since we knew that'd be kind of downbeat and serious, then Barbie, which would lift our spirits again. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

• Don't care, I'm in.

Comment

• This looks good.

Comment

• That looks awesome. Was that a quick shot of dirt bag Michael Shannon too?

Comment

• yeeeep

Comment

• This looks fantastic.

Comment

• I'm in still...

Comment

Working...
                                X