No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that looks great. All I need now is Cage to play Brian Warner in the biopic for Marilyn Manson.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Cage should play Paul from The Wonder Years in the Manson biopic too.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Paul should play Fred Savage in The Wonders Years biopic. Really just screw people up.

Also, wtf Ari Aster...

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Paul should play Fred Savage in The Wonders Years biopic. Really just screw people up.

Also, wtf Ari Aster...

I don't know what in the fuck to expect, but I can't wait to see this.

Comment

• I still want to see this. Look like a bunch of fun.

I just really like Chris Pine and if I'm not getting more Star Trek, gimme this instead.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm all in.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Sarah has multiple D&D groups, and she's trying to bring all the people in Houston together for a big get together at Alamo or something for it. She's always like "omg look at this owlbear! I can't believe Chris Pine is a bard, it's genius."

Comment

• If anything Pine is so far the last guy id see as a bard.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• PATHAAN is effing great.
                      Here's the trailer again:

So the movie is essentially a brundlefly of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (various entries...I'll elaborate later), FAST AND THE FURIOUS, XXX, chana masala, and Red Bull. It goes for broke and is a wild, wild ride. The AMC theater by us has it playing on a couple of screens including 1 showing a day on the IMAX (sandwiched in between showings of AVATAR 2). The smaller showings were sold out so we saw it in the IMAX theater with a crowd full of hyped up Indians. They all loved it, cheering when the main actors first appear on the screen and everything.

The plot itself is told asynchronously, jumping around in the story to various points in time. It's not confusing but you do need to get used to it.

Plotwise, I'm very much reminded of various M:I movies. I'm pretty sure that this is deliberate. You've got a great heist in the middle of the film that will remind you of M:I 3...you've got a motorcycle scene ON ICE that will remind you of M:I 2 and XXX: THE RETURN OF XANDER CAGE...you've got a female character who will absolutely remind you of the Rebecca Ferguson character in M:I 5 and 6...you get the idea. Add in a Bollywood sensibility and a few song/dance numbers and you've got this film.

It's the craziest damned thing I've seen in a while. Good fun.
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• M3GAN

I didn't know what to expect, but they nailed it. They telegraph the whole damn movie in the opening ten minutes, then just execute it really well. It's got the right tone, sense of humor, etc. I want to see that bloodier cut.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            PATHAAN is effing great.
                            Here's the trailer again:

So the movie is essentially a brundlefly of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE (various entries...I'll elaborate later), FAST AND THE FURIOUS, XXX, chana masala, and Red Bull. It goes for broke and is a wild, wild ride. The AMC theater by us has it playing on a couple of screens including 1 showing a day on the IMAX (sandwiched in between showings of AVATAR 2). The smaller showings were sold out so we saw it in the IMAX theater with a crowd full of hyped up Indians. They all loved it, cheering when the main actors first appear on the screen and everything.

The plot itself is told asynchronously, jumping around in the story to various points in time. It's not confusing but you do need to get used to it.

Plotwise, I'm very much reminded of various M:I movies. I'm pretty sure that this is deliberate. You've got a great heist in the middle of the film that will remind you of M:I 3...you've got a motorcycle scene ON ICE that will remind you of M:I 2 and XXX: THE RETURN OF XANDER CAGE...you've got a female character who will absolutely remind you of the Rebecca Ferguson character in M:I 5 and 6...you get the idea. Add in a Bollywood sensibility and a few song/dance numbers and you've got this film.

It's the craziest damned thing I've seen in a while. Good fun.
                            I’m in for more Indian insanity.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• lol. I'll watch.

Comment

• This looks fun. I dig the artsyle a whole bunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X