New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knock at the Cabin

I'm in. I dug his last few flicks and this trailer is aces. Plus he didn't write it and it's based on a book so I'm hopeful. Great trailer at the very least.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Pez Outlaw

I used to collect these things in the 80s/90s. I have a few hundred of these in a box somewhere. This looks fun
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I've had a few of them over the years. The one I still have somewhere is this lil' guy, for obvious reasons...

s-l500.jpg

Comment

• cause you're awesome? that's gotta be the reason Tim

Comment

• Thanks muchly, Rob, but Jen will tell you of my geekiness for all things Spidey. Especially for the stuff I had/still have from when I was a kid. Like this guy.

11295775_1643296269218814_2664038994759068036_n.jpg

Comment

• holy cow, that's awesome!
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Oh I see you on those Mego groups Tim. I know of your love of them.

Comment

• The love is because they're a touchstone to my parents and grandparents, who used to buy us those figures for various reasons (birthdays, holidays, good report cards, etc.). My brother and I were little kids in the '70s, hip deep in DC and Marvel Superheroes, as well as outlier characters from Charlton and Atlas/Seaboard comics. My dad taught us to read by reading comic books to us as bedtime stories (Mother Goose can't compete against vintage Jack Kirby Galactus and Silver Surfer), and my grandparents had a great wooded area for my brother and I to play with our figures in wgen we visited, which was pretty often as they lived around the block from us.

Plus, the range of characters was vast, and all were in scale with each other. Spidey would team up with Mr. Spock and the Fonz to rescue the Justice League from the Planet of the Apes, for example. The figures cost, at most, between $2 to $3 bucks and were designed to be played with, not sit in a box.

Megos = best memories I had as a kid.

Comment

• You have any that are worth loot? Asking for a friend. Totally not planning an Oceans Eleven type heist and swinging out to NJ. Promise.

Comment

• Pearl

Sarah skipped D&D for once so we went to the movie. I liked it WAY more than X. Ti West should just make fucked up dramas, because when he was focusing on that this movie ruled. When he switched to horror mode it was eh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        You have any that are worth loot? Asking for a friend. Totally not planning an Oceans Eleven type heist and swinging out to NJ. Promise.
                        Not worried in the least - try to break into my house and Jen is gonna feed you and Lesley (the "brains" of any Hughes criminal enterprise) so much fresh baked goods you'll lapse into food comas.

Then, when you're both passed out, we're swiping the cash out of your wallets. I know it's harsh, but you both have to learn.

I do have a fair amount that are worth quite a few bucks - a vintage MIB Thor that cost me $200 and is easily worth twice that, a minty Circle Suit Spidey that's worth at least $500+ loose, and some Mego-esque figures that were made by smaller companies in the early 2000s that are in the $150-$200 range (Mego scaled Captain Action and Dr. Evil, pretty much every variant of the Phantom (Lee Falk), Buck Rogers and Tigerman form the 80's TV show, etc.) and don't get me started on all the retro figures that NECA's been putting out.

It's a cool hobby to get into - there are lots of customizers out there that can hook you up with custom outfits, heads, equipment, weapons, etc. Shit, you can even make a mini-Rob, Lesley and Ceej if you got the scratch. Plus, thanks to 3D printing, there's even more variety in custom gear popping up. Just scored a 70's TV show Spider-Man recently, and will be getting a 3D printed web shooter and belt to complete it soon.

306575786_463488029126740_9001911517296099883_n.jpg

Comment

Knock at the Cabin

I'm in. I dug his last few flicks and this trailer is aces. Plus he didn't write it and it's based on a book so I'm hopeful. Great trailer at the very least.
                          Having read the book, the premise is fantastic.

But the ending sucked. BAD.

Hopefully the movie is gonna be better.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• The Visitor.

I'll check it out. Seems like it could be some fun.

Comment

• So we're getting a.....Community movie? Why? The last 2 seasons or whatever were balls. No Glover, Chase, or Brown. Who is this for and why does this exist?

Comment

So we're getting a.....Community movie? Why? The last 2 seasons or whatever were balls. No Glover, Chase, or Brown. Who is this for and why does this exist?
                                Peacock needs content, everyone's schedules finally worked out and Dan Harmon's name still gets shit made.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X