No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched Pearl and Clerks 3. I can't wait for the general public to lose their shit over Clerks 3.

For all the hack fraud shit tossed at Smith, he goes into way out directions everytime he makes a Clerks movie. Because fuck, Clerks 3 said Clerks 2 was the happy one, Clerks 1 was the young one, this is the angry old one.

Elias is still the fucking best.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• One total cunt of a critic for AV Club openly dropped a spoiler in her Clerks 3 review. Something everyone has been courteous enough to not get into since it's something revealed fairly early on.

I had zero desire to see it. But God damn did they have to drop that so casually?
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• so long as it's not dropped casually here...

Can't wait for Clerks III. Here's hoping it hits digital sooner than later.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Babylon

Gimme
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I hope Babylon gets done in time to release at Christmas. Because I'm shocked it's edited enough to cut a trailer at this point.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Didn't release Fletch was day one digital. Might try and watch it this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Didn't release Fletch was day one digital. Might try and watch it this weekend.
                we were thinking of that as well. I've heard it's not great though.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• When I saw it was day one digital my immediate thought was "this probably isn't great."

Comment

• It's incredibly tepid. Like I was talking about on FB. You are aware the entire time that you're watching a cover band. You like the members of the cover band a lot. But, it's still just a cover band.

Comment

• We watched it last night.

It's better than the trailer would indicate but it's not great by any means. Hamm actually is pretty solid in the role once you finally accept that he's not going to copy Chevy Chase. He does his own thing and, if you roll with how he's playing the part, he's actually pretty good. The main problem is that he's got other supporting actors trying too hard to be funny and have their own moments. The strength of the two Chevy films is that everyone else is being played relatively straight (with some quirks) allowing Chevy's Fletch to be the one smart ass. Here, it's like everyone is trying to capture that Chevy magic and it often does not work at all.

Regardless, it's a fairly harmless and brisk 98 minute romp with a lot of moments to keep you smiling and several genuine laughs to be had. If they make more with Jon Hamm, I'll watch 'em.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Barbarian

Hell. Fucking. Yeah. Don't read anything. Don't get spoiled. Just go have a good fucking time at the first proper movie for Halloween season. I will only give a hint as to like...the tone this movie goes to.

Spoiler: Tonal Spoilers 
                        This is totally what if Malignant was good. It's bat shit insane. It swings around and jumps from tone to tone nonstop. But it is so much fucking fun. If anyone likes Malignant then they're probably LOVE this, as I didn't really care for Malignant but had an amazing time with Barbarian.

Comment

• Cool, excited to see Barbarian. Know nothing about it but that first trailer.

Hellraiser.

Comment

• Nice. Nothing will ever replace the first couple of Hellraiser films for me, but this is nice. Vey nice. I'm onboard.

Comment

• Yeah, I mean, I'm not married to the source material at all. I dig the second one, thought the first one aged poorly, and the rest (except for CD FACE lolololol) are lame.

Plus it's on Hulu so I'm not wasting any money. Bring it on. Gimme something to add to my 31 days of Horror movie watching coming up.

Still trying to come up with this year's theme. Last years theme of "Every movie has to tie in to the previous one somehow without watching sequels back to back - actors/director/writer/etc" was pretty fun and at times kind of hard but we did it. Need to figure out a good one this go around.

Comment

• That HELLRAISER trailer is pretty great but it's kinda too slick. A lot of the 'charm' of the first couple of HELLRAISER films comes from the visceral fleshiness of everything. They're not slick...they're gooey.

Regardless, I'm in. I appreciate the new take and I'm curious about what the full body look of the new Pinhead is.

Comment

Working...
                                X