No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be funny if Legendary got WB to jump the gun and second weekend numbers in North America matched the decline elsewhere. But, I have a feeling WB is going to do its best to get behind a few key projects and try to ride out their issues across the longterm.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I just read they're crowdfunding a fucking comic adaption for it? lulz.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I just read they're crowdfunding a fucking comic adaption for it? lulz.
        Legendary is a weird as shit company.

They sent me a jar of pasta sauce through the mail for a movie that never got made on Netflix. It was to announce they were going to make it. 3 years later, nothing ever happened.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Part 2 is the epic battle. Something the Lynch movie sucked at.

and Villeneuve wants to finish the story with a 3rd movie for Dune Messiah.

That would shut anyone talking about a white savior story.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I also want a bigass director’s cut of both movies.
            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              It would be funny if Legendary got WB to jump the gun and second weekend numbers in North America matched the decline elsewhere. But, I have a feeling WB is going to do its best to get behind a few key projects and try to ride out their issues across the longterm.
              Yeah I'll believe it when I see it. Depending on this weekend's drop or hold.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• While everyone is on a Dune kick, here is a high quality fan edit of the Lynch version that seems destined to get yanked.

https://youtu.be/faHQA_0d9Mo

Comment

• Animation looks on fucking point.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• new South Park movie hitting Thanksgiving on Paramount +. sweet.

Comment

• I didn't think they were going to announce it so soon. So, I guess we could be getting the second in 2022.

EDIT: Nope, second movie drops in December this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

Animation looks on fucking point.
                        The tie-in toys for this will look amazing. MORE ROBOTS AND ARMORED SPACE SUITS!!!!!!!

Comment

• I'm going to spoil the fuck out of Last Night in Soho, so tags up.

Spoiler: Might be my favorite film of 2021 so far 

It's a ghost story, duh. But, not in the way you think.
                          People want this Mulholland Drive or supernatural revenge tale and it's not that.

Basically the teen girl from Jojo Rabbit is a psychic who can pick up on immense trauma that is stuck to a place.

She's from an abusive home too, so she's looking for an escape. When she starts dreaming as Anya Taylor Joy, she starts enjoying it. That is until she sees the lady getting smacked around and threatened.

When she comes back to the real world, she starts taking what she wants in and out of her dreams. All the while, her creepy landlady seemingly wants to kill her.

Terence Stamp might as well be named Red Herring, because he's actually the one good guy in the movie.

What makes the ending work so well and seems to be irritating the faux academics is that it shows revenge for what it is. Especially, when you're young, dumb and full of something.

Anya Taylor Joy's character isn't smart, but she knows what she wants. So when she fixes things in her life to go her way, she has to keep doing it...even years later.

In a way, especially with how they handle what happens to Jojo Rabbit girl...it feels like a British take on a Fulci film.

Comment

I'm going to spoil the fuck out of Last Night in Soho, so tags up.

Spoiler: Might be my favorite film of 2021 so far 

It's a ghost story, duh. But, not in the way you think.
                            People want this Mulholland Drive or supernatural revenge tale and it's not that.

Basically the teen girl from Jojo Rabbit is a psychic who can pick up on immense trauma that is stuck to a place.

She's from an abusive home too, so she's looking for an escape. When she starts dreaming as Anya Taylor Joy, she starts enjoying it. That is until she sees the lady getting smacked around and threatened.

When she comes back to the real world, she starts taking what she wants in and out of her dreams. All the while, her creepy landlady seemingly wants to kill her.

Terence Stamp might as well be named Red Herring, because he's actually the one good guy in the movie.

What makes the ending work so well and seems to be irritating the faux academics is that it shows revenge for what it is. Especially, when you're young, dumb and full of something.

Anya Taylor Joy's character isn't smart, but she knows what she wants. So when she fixes things in her life to go her way, she has to keep doing it...even years later.

In a way, especially with how they handle what happens to Jojo Rabbit girl...it feels like a British take on a Fulci film.

It's incredible. Just outstanding. Coming out of it my only complaint was one CGI shot in the finale that would have been way better as half practical. But yeah, I am obsessed with this movie.

Comment

While everyone is on a Dune kick, here is a high quality fan edit of the Lynch version that seems destined to get yanked.

https://youtu.be/faHQA_0d9Mo
                              I linked that a while ago. It's the best possible version of the Lynch film with the material that was shot. the third hour is still a rushed mess and there simply isn't enough footage to really rescue that, but the first two hours are much, MUCH, better than in any other cut of the film.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post

It's incredible. Just outstanding. Coming out of it my only complaint was one CGI shot in the finale that would have been way better as half practical. But yeah, I am obsessed with this movie.
                                A lot of the people bitching about it will benefit from a second viewing.

Escalation horror is a lot for people to process.

Comment

Working...
                                X