No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this looks like how I play GTA. Not expecting high art but this looks like it will be fun to watch. Love Dillahunt and Gyllenhaal so I'm in.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Watching Dune for a second time to get my feelings right on it.

Still gorgeous to look at, still tepid as fuck in every other way.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I totally loved the new DUNE. It worked beautifully in ever way for me. If there was any flaw for me it was that it ended where it did. I want part 2 now.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I truly have no idea why he thinks he’s going to get a part 2 on the back of this
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
            I truly have no idea why he thinks he’s going to get a part 2 on the back of this
            oh noes. I don't want to even bother with this shit if we're still not guaranteed part 2 dammit.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• It’d be three years away (give or take) either way. What’s there is fine but it’s the pacing of it and chosen stop gap that I find strange.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Near as I can tell, DUNE did great business on Thursday night and is on track for a ~40 million dollar weekend. I'd say a sequel is looking likely.

The smart move would be to announce that the sequel has been greenlit sooner rather than later. Those people on the fence about whether or not they should bother with an incomplete story may be more motivated to watch it if they know for sure that the conclusion is coming.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yep, I agree Matt. I want to know I'm going to get a full movie before I watch this shit.

Comment

• Wouldn't hold your breath on that sequel. Not just yet.

​​​The good numbers come from the premium theaters (IMAX) on opening weekend and it proceeds to drop like a stone. Tumble weeds in the regular theaters. This has happened in every territory.

Right now it's looking at $30M for the 3 day. We'll see.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Watched Dune. Really liked it. Felt like an arthouse flick with a couple breaks for action boom swords go clang. I wonder how it went for people that have not read the book previously. Sarah was asking me a million questions about the different factions/prophecies and all the nonsense names used. When I went from explaining Kwisatz Haderach to DUNCAN MOTHAFUCKIN IDAHO we were both having a good laugh over the whiplash between naming conventions. Ah yes, the BENE GESSERIT are concerned that their messiah figure the KWISATZ HADERACH is the son of Duke Atreides...PAUL. That shit really is hilarious.

Brass fucking balls opening with "Part One" and giving no fucks to wrapping up any kind of story in this film.

Comment

• It was near perfect.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Just finished watching Dune on HBO Max and I was very, very happy with it. The sheer scale of the production, from designs to SFX to the story itself, makes anything prior to it a Cliff Notes version.

Bill's 100% on point that it felt like an arthouse film, even with some of the action scenes. Felt very Euro, very Heavy Metal magazine at points, which made me love it all the more.

There'll be a sequel, mark my words. Film's on track for $40 mil domestic, and has made back most of it's production costs via overseas sales. Now the waiting begins.... and I HATE waiting.

Comment

• Looks fun. Devon is making quite the horror comeback here with this and his turn on the Chucky series.

Comment

• A155C8A5-8EEA-41F9-971A-116C3453D25E.jpeg
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I was just about to comment on that. North America saved a film for the first time in 10 years.

Looking forward to seeing how they end the story and if they do the right thing and edit it together as a massive film for MAX or somewhere else.

If it sucks after Part Two, I'll properly rag on it in October 2023.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X