No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone, stop what you're doing. Watch THE VAULT on Netflix. Go in clean, don't read about it...just watch it.

It's one of the very best heist films that I've ever seen. It's nice and intense with some really clever and fun sequences that are a lot of fun to watch. It's a very well directed and edited film too...the storytelling is solid and the editing keeps things going at a great clip. There's some good character work in there too to keep you interested in and invested with the characters.

It's not the most original of films. If you've seen other heist films, you'll recognize some of the tropes on display. It really comes down to the execution on this one, and in that regard it's immensely satisfying.

Give it a go. It's one of the better movies that I've seen all year.

Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Added to the list!

Comment

• Cool, will check it out.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Make sure you watch the 2021 film, not the 2017 one with James Franco.
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Will check out Vault Matt, you loved it so it's probably dog shit but I'll give it a go. :-) J/K

Guys, Val is great but kind of sad but in a good way if that makes sense. To me Val Kilmer was amazing on screen and I can't recall not liking a single performance of his so watching this was..... something. Recommended for sure though.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Stringer Bell is Knuckles.

STRINGER BELL IS KNUCKLES.

What a time to be somewhat alive!
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Kiddo put on the newer Fantastic Four yesterday and I caught most of it. It had its good moments. I didn’t care for the kid who played Von Doom or the design of The Thing, but otherwise it was fine. Not really high on my rewatch list.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I love that new one for what it is. That is one of the few movies where I'd really fucking like to see the original cut. The body horror shit was great.

Comment

• So the new Matrix flick trailer was shown recently at a tradeshow.

New title: The Matrix Resurrections

the trailer begins with Keanu Reeves' Neo talking to a therapist played by Neil Patrick Harris in a futuristic San Francisco. Much like in the first Matrix film, Neo seems to have a sense of unease about the world surrounding him.

"Am I crazy?" Reeves asks. "We don't use that word in here," replies Harris.

Neo is seen taking "two blue pills a day, prescribed by his doctor."

Neo then encounters Carrie Anne Moss' Trinity in a coffee shop, though the pair don't recognize one another. It seems that neither has any memories of the events of the previous Matrix films. "Have we met?" Trinity asks.

Later on, a character that seems to be a younger version of Morpheus tells Neo that it's "time to fly" while handing him a red pill. Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit scores some of the footage. The trailer culminates in some acrobatics and martial arts that fit the Matrix mold, along with a moment involving Neo controlling a missile through telekinesis.

Comment

• Fuuuuuuuck yes

Comment

• Hmmmm. Reserving judgment until I can see it myself. I still enjoy watching the OG Matrix. The other two can fuck off as far as I’m concerned.
                        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• They also got to see Ghostbusters early and people freaked out about it.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Read that the new GB is fucking great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ingrid View Post
                              Hmmmm. Reserving judgment until I can see it myself. I still enjoy watching the OG Matrix. The other two can fuck off as far as I’m concerned.
                              You. Me. Same. While I liked the sequels, I never get tired of watching the first film whenever it's on.

Comment

• Utterly fascinated by the Candyman reactions.

Heard for well over a year now it was a hot, steaming turd on a stick that consistently tested horribly. Uni was waiting for the right moment to dump it and run away.

It's another A Wrinkle in Time situation.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X