No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's crazy how if you respect the original films you can get something that looks like this as opposed to that shitty fucking 2016 abortion. This could totally drop the ball but that trailer put away alot of my fears.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah we still don't agree at all on the 2016 movie. I enjoyed it. It was on the level with Ghostbuster 2.

Comment

• You're fucking nuts.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Without getting into it again, the whole movie falls flat because you have 4 people trying to out adlib each other, shitty direction, barely any ghosts, and the worst cameos that weren't cameos. Add to that a shitty story to begin with and the whole fiasco behind the scenes with Sony, fuck that movie.

Comment

• Also, I'm so hardcore about my hatred because GB is MY franchise. Moreso than Star Wars or anything else. Those first two movies were my favorite movies growing up and still are now. I'm too close to the subject material to be anything but unkind to the 2016 shitshow.

Maybe with a different script and a director that didn't just plop a camera down and say "do funny things for an hour and we'll pick the best" and I may have a different opinion. It was just the wrong direction to take the franchise into. And I know I'm not in the minority with that belief.

That's not to say that I wish it didn't exist. I have little cousins who are female who love that movie so for that it gets a pass. But beyond that? GTFO and gimme a real GB movie.

Comment

• I mean that's all fine. Ghostbusters was/is MY franchise too. Always was. My "get to know me" papers from pre-school to like 3rd grade always had the Ghostbusters theme listed as my favorite song, and I had multiple Ghostbusters birthday cakes etc. And I just don't think 2016 is that bad. I also don't think this new one is going to be a "real" GB movie. It's got a huge fucking Walmart product placement in the trailer. We got one bonafide classic movie, a sequel with some OK parts but a textbook example of rehashing the original and not hitting the heights, and then a "new" one that was a totally different thing, and then this "reboot" that I have no doubt will be in line with the last two movies. I mean seeing the Stay Puft running around made me fucking groan because it's going to 100% going to hit the current franchise requirements of REMEMBER THIS THING a whole fucking lot. But I will go see it, get my dopamine hit, and forget about it.

Comment

• There are only a couple of movies that Covid fucked with that passed me off and this was one. I CAN NOT WAIT. Sofa king excited. I’ll go by myself if I have to, but hopefully I’ll be able to dig up a friend to go with me.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Too bad I'm not in Ohio, I'd totally go with you.

Comment

• I'm in.

Comment

• Getting an almost Spielbergian feel from the Ghostbusters trailer. Might have to check it out, and it looks like it'd be something my niece would be into.

Not my franchise, but I get where Rob, Ingrid and Bill are coming from. I sincerely, honestly hope this sequel is everything you guys want and more.

Comment

• STOP BEING SO EVEN HEADED TIM.

Comment

• That new Predator movie sounds neat. Plus the lady from Legion being the main character is going to kick all kinds of ass.

Comment

• Absolutely watching this next weekend. Love Val Kilmer so much.

Comment

• I believe that's getting rave reviews, too.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              Originally posted by Martin
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I’ll be adding that to the watch list.
                                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Working...
                                X