New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    Billy and Rerb, I haven't seen the first one, but you guys buying into the backlash on that one?
    Backlash? What backlash? There's a crazy fucking twist that makes this dude an INSANE fucking villain. And villains are the pillar of a horror franchise, so fucking bring it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post

Backlash? What backlash? There's a crazy fucking twist that makes this dude an INSANE fucking villain. And villains are the pillar of a horror franchise, so fucking bring it.
      People were crying because the trailer makes it look like he's a "hero" but in the first there's some rapey-ness I gather, again, haven't seen it yet. That's what I was asking about.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post

People were crying because the trailer makes it look like he's a "hero" but in the first there's some rapey-ness I gather, again, haven't seen it yet. That's what I was asking about.
        Oh well that I TOTALLY get and it kind of bugs me too, but hopefully the movie itself does not present himself as any kind of hero. I saw an interview yesterday with the director and he said that horror villains are often anti-heroes but they know this dude is a BAD guy. So I think they know what they're doing and marketing just was like "Zatoichi this shit."

Comment

• I technically can't shit on a documentary I just watched for another couple of days. But, fuck...it's the dumbest thing I've seen all year.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Dumber than the HBO Q one? Whole lot of dumb in that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              I technically can't shit on a documentary I just watched for another couple of days. But, fuck...it's the dumbest thing I've seen all year.
              Nothing can be worse than that CONFESSIONS OF A SERIAL KILLER doc that ran on Stars a couple months ago. 90% of that show was about the damned researcher vs the killer.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Dumber than the HBO Q one? Whole lot of dumb in that one.
                Don't get me started on that one. That documentary went off the rails quite a bit.

Comment

• We watched the first episode of that and 'noped' out of it. The tone of it was just off.
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Agreed, and it didn't get better. Maybe I was spoiled as I just wrapped up watching The Vow documentary and was really looking forward to Q to be in the same vein.

Comment

• re: Don't Breathe - yeah he was a HUGE rapey piece of crazy shit in the first one. It's what made that movie fucking nuts. I sincerly doubt they are going to gloss over that shit. I'm assuming the dudes breaking in to his place in this one are somehow related to the people in the first or know the story. Dude says something like "You gonna tell them what you did or should I?"

But like Billy said, it's what made Lang a fucking VILLIAN. People need to zip it.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Thanks Rob and Billiam, I need to see the first one but horror viewing is hard AF at my place since the wife REFUSES to watch any and work makes it hard to watch after she's asleep.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Still haven’t seen it myself, but probably more due to my aversion to Lang stemming from his turn as Ike Clanton decades ago working me into a shoot.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Russ, that may be the single greatest use of wrestling lingo outside of wrestling. I commend you sir as it is perfectly accurate.

Comment

• So the leads from Day of the Dead are back for Night of the Living Dead 2....

ok................................................ ................................
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• reon't Breathe - Don't watch it with your wife Jersh. The third act may make her make you turn it off lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X