New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    The wife and I watched BARB AND STAR GO TO VISTA DEL MAR. I'd heard good things about it and the wife liked the trailer, so we rented it tonight.

First off, whoever marketed this movie and cut the trailer did a great job of conveying the tone of the film without giving away the 'plot' OR giving away just how incredibly bizarre the film actually is. And make no mistake, this is one really bizarre movie. I give them credit for really going for it in many sequences. IF you're going to watch it, do yourself a favor and go in pretty clean. If you've seen the trailer, that's fine...it's not that it's misleading it's just that it hides a lot of surprises...and that's a GOOD thing.

And it's pretty funny. There are many solid laughs to be had in the film, and a surprising amount of them actually come from Jamie Dornan. I won't spoil anything but he's got a sequence in the film that will be really hard to top for 'comedy sequence of the year.'

We enjoyed it.
    yeah, it's a real titflapper. #YoYo4Lyfe
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm still laughing at BARB AND STAR. There's a very funny scene that is taken over the top by using a dance remix of a very, very popular song from...oh, call it 24 years ago...and the song itself is still making me laugh pretty hard. Whoever thought of making a dance remix of this song should either be shot or raised to sainthood.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• so Edgar Wright is doing a reboot of The Running Man? Ok. Sure.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          so Edgar Wright is doing a reboot of The Running Man? Ok. Sure.
          He's attached to 6 movies. Put in perspective the Sparks documentary he was supposed to do after Scott Pilgrim is just now coming out in 2021.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Goddamn that’s a lot of post production cycles
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
              Goddamn that’s a lot of post production cycles
              Kinda. Dude overcommits ala Spielberg and others.

Plus, his Soho movies is supposed to finally be dropping this year too.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                It’s okay to not get the benis twitch of fun from things. Not shitting on anybody for liking it. It just didn’t make my chi move.
                I still luv u bb
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I have a boner for Snyder so I'm all in.

Comment

• Director of MAN OF STEEL and DAWN OF THE DEAD.

no 300? Isn't that still his biggest hit?
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• SnyderCut is on everyone's minds and zombies.

300 is indeed one of his biggest hits but doesn't fit the bill for this nonsense. Can't wait.

Comment

• Not gonna lie, I have very little hope that Coming 2 America is going to be good. Pretty sure it’s going to be god awful, actually. Anybody heard anything about it?
                        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I’ll take the hit when it drops but I have little hope for anything other than a reunion show of swelled and withered people I’ve seen in better days doing a greatest hits cover.

The really big question on my mind though is if Louis Anderson has finally stepped up to the fry station or not?
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Woof. That was painful. Feel free to judge for yourselves, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.

6 tampons. It was a GD bloody mess.
                            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• I really need to actually sit down and watch the original at some point.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that you were not a fan Ingrid. : (

Comment

Working...
                                X