New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    Did they completely spoil it like it looks in the trailers?
    I just watched this trailer and, except for the flashes at the end, it only covers the first half hour of the movie. There's a lot more to it than that.

Comment

• Finally watched some movies.

Extraction - Expected nothing, but turned out Hemsworth as Wick Lite totally works. Dude ruled in this movie. More stunt directors turned into feature directors, please.

The Matrix - Still incredible, but Dragula in the club scene screams 99. Everything else is about timeless.

Good Time - Uncut Gems but take the panic attack from 10 to 7, and swap gambling for a bank robbery. Great fucking movie.

Comment

• Caught Joker recently - not a bad movie, Phoenix delivers in spades and earned his Oscar, but I think it would've worked better without the DC elements. I know, I know, this being an alternate take on the character is the whole point of the film, but the comic references are just window dressing, and a couple of name changes wouldn't hurt the narrative or any of the performances at all. It's a great arthouse film that had a comic book cover stapled onto it.

Comment

• If it didn't have the comic window dressing I think it'd be much less effective.

At least with that there was a novelty to it all.

Without it the whole exercise is just a bad pastiche of Scorcese films.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f_FzLs92YFc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0hAL7emClFM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I love it. How awesome to have a movie come out now, with the world going to absolute shit, that encourages people to be excellent to each other.

IF this release date holds, I think it's going to be a monster hit. The right movie at the right time, if you will.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Steve Vai riff is sorely in need dude.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I am so excited for Bill and Ted. We watched Bogus Journey a couple months ago and I maintain that it is absolutely brilliant and superior to the original.

Comment

• YESSsssss
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                        I am so excited for Bill and Ted. We watched Bogus Journey a couple months ago and I maintain that it is absolutely brilliant and superior to the original.
                        When I was a kid I thought the sequel was trash. I was a dumb kid. I'm unreasonably excited for this new one. I doubt I'll be ready to go to the movies if/when it releases so I hope they do digital also.

Comment

• If this doesnt go VOD that would be a shame.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2kV3IJcFRX8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• that shit looks dopeeeee

Comment

• Wild. I don’t know what’s going on but I’m interested to find out.

Comment

Working...
                                X