No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally saw Parasite, and it ruled. Was not what I expected at all. For once I avoided marketing and reviews, and I went in expecting a full on horror film.

Comment

• In a way, it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        In a way, it is.

Oh totally. But I was thinking it was going to be a lot of conventional scares.

Comment

• Uncut Gems.

Pretty incredible movie. I didn't really know what to expect (except the ending had been kind of spoiled for me), I guess just kind of like a version of Rounders with gems? It definitely wasn't that. Like right from the jump with the flying around the gem and universe and into an Ethiopian mine. The sound/music is incredible in the entire movie. The whole theater was squirming from the constant hum of the synths and then the chatter and screaming and background noise. I honestly don't know if I have ever seen a movie that SOUNDS like this. There's only like 3 "quiet" scenes in the movie and they all have a tenuous connection.

I really loved it, but I don't know if I would watch it again. I can't overstate how good the sound was at setting the mood, but the mood was 2 hours on the verge of a fucking panic attack.

Comment

• It took me six hours to come down from it. The Oscars are bullshit, of course, but it's ridiculous that at the very least Sandler and the score weren't nominated.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
              It took me six hours to come down from it.

For real. I was up until like 2am playing CoD and I had to force myself to go to sleep. I still felt wired the fuck up.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZOFatKD0Vzo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Love Samara Weaving after Ready or Not and this feels like a mix of Gamer/Crank which I fucking love so bring it on.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Tetsuo?!?
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Love Samara Weaving after Ready or Not and this feels like a mix of Gamer/Crank which I fucking love so bring it on.
                      She's great in everything. Have you seen THE BABYSITTER and MAYHEM?

Comment

• HAN LIVES YOU MOTHERFUCKERS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL YEAH

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                          HAN LIVES YOU MOTHERFUCKERS HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL YEAH
                          #TeamHan #FuckYouseRob
                          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FWiUQp0yM34" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• so strange.

Comment

• Bland AF
                                XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

Working...
                                X