New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    Rim's good and it is the best 3D use this year. That being said, it's going to alienate a lot of major audience traffic.
    My arguments against Rim was 100% box-office/marketing related. Bitch, you know I'm right.

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    White House Down is fucking terrible. The violence is fun, but it's really fucking stupid.
    Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    I was afraid WHD was going to be legit stupid. All of the Jamie Foxx bits fell flat for me in the trailer and a good deal of C-Tates stuff did too. Oh well. One less to fight for my viewing time.
    Rich... ahem "rich" in Emmerichisms. Stereotypes to go around, they name-drop Independence Day early on, Ben Mankiewicz plays a political commentator (You did not misread that...). When its Tatum and Foxx together it works. There's just not enough of that or James Woods being James Woods.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      My arguments against Rim was 100% box-office/marketing related. Bitch, you know I'm right.

Rich... ahem "rich" in Emmerichisms. Stereotypes to go around, they name-drop Independence Day early on, Ben Mankiewicz plays a political commentator (You did not misread that...). When its Tatum and Foxx together it works. There's just not enough of that or James Woods being James Woods.

I will stomp you out and not blink.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• You notice lots of bad green-screen too?

This had more time and money than Olympus Has Fallen. But it looks worse, if you ask me. At least, Richard Jenkins gets one scene where he freaks out Jenkins style.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
          You notice lots of bad green-screen too?

Oh yeah, but that's related to the studios trying to find non-union FX work.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Emmerich needs to either destroy the Sun next or do his version of a Bible movie.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• I'd like to say that I've thought that WHD looked fucking dumb since the first trailer. Good to see that I was right.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                The Lone Ranger was on par with Pirates 1
                Yesss looks like I was right again.... Woooooo
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'm feeling like the king of fuckshit mountain.

Comment

• Meh, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Good to hear about Lone Ranger.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Yeah, I totes loved Lone Ranger as a kid along with Zorro so I'm good with it turning out quality but seriously Depp needs to tackle something other than kooky/quirky next or he and I are done professionally.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          Meh, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.
                          don't be hating.

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• lulz

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                                Yeah, I totes loved Lone Ranger as a kid along with Zorro so I'm good with it turning out quality but seriously Depp needs to tackle something other than kooky/quirky next or he and I are done professionally.
                                Totally. I want to see Donnie Brasco Depp make a few more films. I can't think of anything since Public Enemies where he's turned up in that way. Whatever problems you may have had with the finished film, he was pretty great as Dillinger.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X