No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the humor was silly but Stahl was great dammit. Plus the graveyard scene. Plus that ending.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The only GREAT one is the first one. It's a perfect action movie...smart and internally consistent as a closed loop story.

T2 is good but its very existence goes counter to the closed loop that the first film creates. I enjoy it on a purely visceral action level (even though it does suffer from extreme bloat once they hit Mexico).

T3 looks cheap. Again, the two leads (Nick and Claire) are excellent and the ending really works, but the movie is just...there.

SALVATION is fine. It's a serviceable action movie. I look at it as its own thing so I can judge it without having to really shoehorn it into the Terminator mythos. At least its existence does not go counter to the first film.

GENYSIS is dumb but strangely watchable. It has some interesting ideas in it but again, its existence runs counter to the first film and that simply will not stand.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I agree with all of your points Matthew P. Matthewson.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I’d place post-breakdown Sarah, when they head for Cyberdyne as the point where the spectacle bloats the hell out of things in T2.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DGEGZ3wQnPM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• yeahhhh, I dunno about this.

I still want Genisys Part 2.

Comment

• I'm in. The CGI needs more polish, though.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  yeahhhh, I dunno about this.

I still want Genisys Part 2.
                  This IS Genisys Part 2. It’s the other half of the Ruben/shit sandwich.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm a basic bitch and will fully admit I just want to watch Mackenzie Davis stomp ass for two hours while wearing a tight tank top.

Comment

• Looking forward to the weightless fights and nonsensical computerized action scenes.

Alexa, watch Dark Fate for me.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• hahahah.

Who the hell is Mckenzie Davis and why does she look like Aaron Carter?

Where the hell is John? Will Bobby Budnick show up? Is that Pops? I NEED ANSWERS.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          I'm a basic bitch and will fully admit I just want to watch Mackenzie Davis stomp ass for two hours while wearing a tight tank top.
                          By all accounts, that one fight where she appears naked with the strategic lighting plays out as full-on naked in the actual film.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                            I'm a basic bitch and will fully admit I just want to watch Mackenzie Davis stomp ass for two hours while wearing a tight tank top.

Hell yeah.

Comment

• OK, Nooj (at TC and elsewhere) did as I suggested and made the new Terminator trailer AWESOME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u8ma7WpgSw

Comment

• I really liked Brightburn.
                                  Spoiler: Spoiler 
                                Dig the attempts to make their own Shyamalan style superhero trilogy and the references to the other kids.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X