No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i5l6a5RiR1E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I know it's one giant uber commerical, but I still laughed at the Jaws line.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-UA95cVNT-4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Digging those designs. Love the Addams Family and I'm in for that.

Comment

• so shocker that the new Hellboy movie is apparently a complete disaster...

Just make a goddamn limited series on HBO or Starz or something at this point.

Comment

• So bummed that Hellboy is a turd.

Comment

• all of those trailers were fucking terrible. I'll rent this at some point.

Comment

• The trailers were bad and the makeup design was a walking disaster. Not to mention, it's a reboot to a series that never clicked with the Meat & Potatoes movie-goers and fans never asked for. This was fucked from the start.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• WOOO
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• BUT BUT BUT IT IS GORY AND HAS DAD BOD FROM STRANGER THINGS IT HAS TO BE WINNAR

Comment

• Man, Neil Marshall, what happened, bro?
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• he believed his own hype?

Comment

• Listened to him recently on Best Movies Never Made, talking up Pendragon (AKA: The Sword & the Fury), his unmade quasi-Excalibur sequel.

Now I'm a sucker for the Arthurian lore, Excalibur happens to be my favorite film and I too have an Arthurian-themed action/adventure film I'm dying to make. But Marshall's would-be film sounded terrible.
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• There will only ever be one Nicol Williamson and only one batshit insane Merlin.

Question about that film: has there ever been a proper restoration of the print or have I just been watching the best possible cheesecloth simulation for the last thirty-plus years?
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                                There will only ever be one Nicol Williamson and only one batshit insane Merlin.
                                And there will only be one Nigel Terry. Both he and Williamson gracefully shouldered that film. It works because you believe in that world/reality and you believe it because of Terry's sincerity as King Arthur and Williamson's wonderfully otherworldly Merlin.

Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                                Question about that film: has there ever been a proper restoration of the print or have I just been watching the best possible cheesecloth simulation for the last thirty-plus years?
                                Had heard rumors awhile back of a Criterion restoration. Since then, nothing. Pal of mine who does DVD/Blu-Ray special features is dying to tackle Excalibur, if Warner Brothers will OK it.
                                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Working...
                                X