New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why couldn't they make this happen?

Anyway after the 1-2 punch of Ragnarok and Infinity War (and being the only memorable part of Ghostbusters) I'm Hemsworth's #1 fangirl and would watch him play a dude in the audience at Wrestlemania, much less the Hulkster. Though I agree Macho Man or the Hitman would be better. Fuck it, where's my HonkeyTonk Man movie?
    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Fuck Hogan's racist union busting ass. And Bischoff is producing? lol

The Hart family would be a way more interesting movie.

Comment

• Shawn Michaels story OR Ric Flair's story told legit not white washed THOSE would be fucking fun. Hogan can eat a vitamin flavored dick even though I like Hemsworth.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• After seeing how Paige's story got handled...I would love Merchant or a stronger dramatic director to tackle Flair's early years.

His childhood is the shit that makes orphanage horror movies.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• It's still a Netflix movie. Keep expectations in check.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
              After seeing how Paige's story got handled...I would love Merchant or a stronger dramatic director to tackle Flair's early years.

His childhood is the shit that makes orphanage horror movies.
              Did they cover the fappening portion of Paige's run?
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                Did they cover the fappening portion of Paige's run?

No, but some old Irish lady gave me shit in the DMs for mentioning it.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  No, but some old Irish lady gave me shit in the DMs for mentioning it.
                  I mean, it WAS kind of a thing.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p7hDWOlCpVQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• This still does not look good.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Damn that’s rough.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• New Critters "film" looks fucking terrible and a slap to the dick from the somewhat creative first 2.

The first two movies are objectively not good movies, but the difference between those and this seem to be the creators of the first two tried to make what they thought was going to be a good movie but instead made a campy one. This looks like a fucking fan-film that assumes "gore" and "not trying" = "good".

Also, if Thomas Lennon shows up in your horror movie you're in a bad place.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ANpAjkPVP50" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• that looks like it could be a fun rental.

Comment

• We saw Greta this weekend.

The performances are good to great. I really enjoyed all the acting in this movie, even if it felt like Stephen Rea was horribly dubbed in half his lines. But I don't think I liked the movie. It's a Fatal Attraction/Single White Female style thriller and the premise itself is really fucking good. But I don't think anyone did a second pass on the script.

There's a scene where an important character/clue is found, and the exposition is just god awful and stilted. And the third act is just a PILE of plot holes and "why didn't she get away!" aggravation. Like, almost immediately there's a scene where Chloe Grace Moritz can get away or fight back, and doesn't....and given the circumstances there's a VERY ease way to write yourself into why she can't escape...but they just make a series of scenes where she doesn't even try.

I mean it's fine. if you're looking for a thriller come the middle of Halloween season and want something you haven't seen before you can open your night with this, but finish the night with someone you know you'll like.

Comment

Working...
                                X