New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice. when is that opening again?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• July 19th here. Might be the week after Stateside.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Nope, 23rd August for you guys!
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Dear Ben,

Die.

Love, America

Comment

• I hope it's good. I've seen the trailer about 3 times in the theater and it's been met with complete apathy, so I'm not sure how it's gonna play over here.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Dear Ben,

Sorry for saying "die" like an edgy teen. Hope this is better than the last one.

Love,
              America
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• If it's as good as Hot Fuzz, I'll be happy.

Comment

• The trailers haven't done much for me, and I'm not a huge fan of Hot Fuzz, but I'll see it. I'm just not super excited or anything. I'm much more excited for Pacific Rim.

Spaced was great, Shaun was greater, Hot was ok , and Pilgrim was ok ( the production design/music/camera work is aces) but I'm much more excited for Wright's Ant-Man flick.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Whoa.

Scott Pilgrim is brilliant. It's Wright's best film, in my opinion. But it needs to be seen four or five times.

Comment

• He does some brilliant things in it, but it is hard to watch as a whole.

It's the next step in comic language being put to film. Like Rob said, Ant Man is going to be amazing.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                        He does some brilliant things in it, but it is hard to watch as a whole.

It's the next step in comic language being put to film. Like Rob said, Ant Man is going to be amazing.

Exactly. The source material isn't this great masterpiece that people like to say it is, it's a cute love story, but that's it.

The way he translated it to film was fantastic but taking what he learned on Pilgrim into Ant-Man? Shit is gonna get real.

Comment

• That's fair.

I'm still psyched for The World's End. If the previous films are anything to go by, it's difficult to do it justice in a trailer as his films aren't strictly punchline comedies - they're about spending 120 minutes with a fun bunch of characters, more than anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                            Nope, 23rd August for you guys!
                            Closing movie at Fantasia Festival in Montreal. With Wright and some cast in da house.

August 6th.

I SHALL ATTEND.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              they're about spending 120 minutes with a fun bunch of characters, more than anything.
                              True that.

Comment

• Man what the fuck is going on here with the lack of undying love for Scott Pilgrim and Hot Fuzz. Yall motherfuckers remain on notice. Anyone that isn't excited for those trailers is goddamn dead inside. You're all patient zero.

Comment

Working...
                                X