No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeeeeell, it looks alright. Still not thrilled about the Mercury Rising kid shit from the plot description, but the alien moves well. Also not sure about the Big Show Predator either. Nice to see night shoots are back though.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah. Hopefully the Mercury shit is just setup and then over.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hereditary.

Loved it, but don't know if I will watch it again. It wrecked my nerves, Sarah's too. She and her mom have a pretty garbage relationship, and she had to get up and take a break twice during the movie. It had one of the most effective "oh fuck NO WAY" moments I've ever experienced, and the small crowd all reacted the same way. A good jump out of a horror crowd always rules. I don't think it stuck the landing though. It added just one layer too much there at the end, and went from a pretty easy to follow story to a "huh? then what did X have to do with it and why did they need Y and why is A also B and C?" plus the "floating" character at the end looked so cheesy. Trying to keep it spoiler free, but if you saw it you know what I mean.

I did love it though. I think it's going to be a bit like The Witch in that you either adore it and watch it every Halloween, or you think it's horse shit and can't see why anyone would ever like it.

Comment

• If it's like the Witch then I'll pass. I was so goddamn bored by that movie.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Hereditary is not The Witch. Hereditary is the kind of movie that a kid would make who thinks they're doing smart horror.

So many unintentionally funny moments.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The clucking, man. That shit is killing me.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                If it's like the Witch then I'll pass. I was so goddamn bored by that movie.

I specifically thought of you and how much you would HATE this movie.

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                Hereditary is not The Witch. Hereditary is the kind of movie that a kid would make who thinks they're doing smart horror.

So many unintentionally funny moments.

I wouldn't go so far as a kid making smart horror, it's his first movie. It has as many unintentionally funny moments as any horror movie does though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  I specifically thought of you and how much you would HATE this movie.
                  my man

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    my man

There are some moments I think you'd like, but yeah. You'll hate it. The middle 45 minutes slows the pace and spends time building up to some shit, and as much as I liked it I told Sarah if it had gone 5 minutes more I would have been screaming.

Comment

• It'll be a digital rental for us.

Comment

• Troy or Jamie: what's the word on TAG? Looks like a fun romp.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                          Troy or Jamie: what's the word on TAG? Looks like a fun romp.
                          SAME
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• First trailer for DUMBO:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfpjs1Fj-Dc

Looks amazing.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• but it's Tim Burton. What was the last good live action TB film?

Comment

• Mars Attacks.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X