Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
    This shouldn't look as promising as it does:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ctidPo0v42M" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>
    question about this?

Is Alan Partridge like a thing on your side of the pond? And is this is his first movie? I've heard of Steve Coogen but wasn't sure if this is a big deal or not?

It does look pretty funny.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Alan Partridge is Coogan's most famous and beloved character here. Started out on radio as a faux sports presenter and carried on into Chris Morris' The Day Today (a razor sharp news show spoof) on TV as the same. Had a phony chat show called Knowing Me, Knowing You that then led to I'm Alan Partridge, a straight up sitcom about his downward-spiralling career, that is arguably the best piece of British TV comedy in the 90s and early 00s (the second series aired around the time The Office was hitting screens).

Coogan's always come back to Partridge and managed to not dilute him when he does, most recently evident in the phony biography I, Partridge: We Need to Talk About Alan (the audiobook of which is read by Coogan in character).

If you want a crash course, youtube The Day Today, see as much of I'm Alan Partridge as possible (there's only 12 episodes, they're all classics and mostly available on youtube) and then if you want more, check out I, Partridge in audio form.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        question about this?

Is Alan Partridge like a thing on your side of the pond? And is this is his first movie? I've heard of Steve Coogen but wasn't sure if this is a big deal or not?

It does look pretty funny.
        A-HA!

Check out I'm Alan Partridge if you get the chance. It's great.

Definitely agree with Ben that Coogan hasn't really trotted the character out into the pasture of oversaturation. Always leaves you with enough before he tucks it back into the dresser.
        Last edited by Captain Russ; 06-17-2013, 04:01 PM.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iszwuX1AK6A?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
          I'm in.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yes to Wolf of Wall Street. Wondered where the gif of him tossing the glass came from.

Comment

• By the end of that trailer, I wished nothing but misery on everyone in the picture (not the people making it though).
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Come Russ, let us toss the midgets.

Comment

• Dumb & Dumber To is finally happening.

Isn't it... kinda too late? It will have been 20 years.
                  Originally posted by Ari
                  The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Elczv0ghqw0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                        Dumb & Dumber To is finally happening.

Isn't it... kinda too late? It will have been 20 years.

Are Daniels/Carrey/Farrely bros back on board?

Comment

• I've never seen d & d all the way through.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• WAT?

Comment

• LOOK AT MY AVATAR. THAT IS HOW I FEEL TOWARDS YOU.

Comment

Are Daniels/Carrey/Farrely bros back on board?
                                Sounds like they've been signed on for awhile.

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                                I've never seen d & d all the way through.
                                It's one of the movies to watch 1000 times when you're 10 years old.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X