No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gwqSi_ToNPs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The short story that ARRIVAL is based on is supposed to be fantastic and very moving. I hope that all translates into the film.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Jason Momoa to be the new Crow?

dafuq

Man, if a dude that big was The Crow when I first watched the original in the 90s, there is no fucking way I'd have gravitated to it like I did. This casting seems fucking odd.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• No.

No.

Come on, guys. Why do you want to keep beating this remake horse?
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Hahax10000000000000

Comment

• No. No. NO.

The reason Brandon Lee made, and died, for the original movie? So no one else would ever have to.

First movie was great and a personal favorite. The sequels sucked and sucked hard, and any and all attempts to reboot this franchise have all met with failure. This is a property that got it right the first time and doesn't need to be reinterpreted or improved upon.

I like Momoa, thought he made a great Conan the Barbarian, etc. but he is so wrong for this franchise it's not funny. He deserves better.

Comment

• holy shit, I forgot he was in a Conan movie. dude is just so fucking forgettable

Comment

• He would fit into something like Fast & Furious, where it's a big huge cast and you need a pretty muscle dude, but he's not a solo star.

Comment

• It's a shame, 'cause I did like his take on Conan. The Schwarzenegger versions still rule, of course, but even so, it wasn't bad.

That being said, yeah, he'd function better in an ensemble as opposed to a solo turn. Like Billy said, give him something like Fast and the Furious or another Expendables, and he'd gel like a boss.

Comment

• I hated his take on Conan. Granted, the film itself was dogshit and I doubt that even a roided out Laurence Olivier could have made it work, but he didn't do the film any favors with his portrayal of Conan.

Comment

• I felt he kind of captured the feel of some of the old Roy Thomas/John Buscema Conan books from way back when. The execution of the film did leave something to be desired though, but I still found it enjoyable.

Comment

• I have a pass for a NYC reviewer to cover Kubo and the Two Strings. I can't give this thing away.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• KUBO is a weird thing. I look at and know, in my heart, that it's probably an amazing film that I'd love, but I'll be damned if I actually want to see it. I can't even put my finger on why I have such apathy for it.

Comment

• the trailers have done nothing for me

Comment

• Laika is great so I think it would be interesting to watch at least on a technical level.

Comment

Working...
                                X