No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made it 30 mins into the Hobbit this weekend and couldn't go further. IT looked bad. Everyone should feel bad who made it, and Matt is right. Best dragon is still from Dragonslayer.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Bah, of all the things you could level at The Hobbit: The First, it looks great. Better than the LOTR films, in my opinion.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• on blu everything looked so, fakey. Like really bad. It was weird. I dunno, the makeup sucked in my opinion.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I could not get past the dwarves which was weird because Gimli was my favorite character in Fellowship (and that's still the only entry I enjoy)

Comment

• The Hobbit: The Second looks fine to me. I'll be seeing it multiple times, I'm sure and nothing about that teaser turned me off.
            I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              on blu everything looked so, fakey. Like really bad. It was weird. I dunno, the makeup sucked in my opinion.
              I saw it in HFR 3D and in normal 2D and it looked seamless both times, albeit more beatific in 24fps 2D.

Haven't caught up with it on blu yet, but I'm sure I will in the run-up to Smaug.

Comment

• The Blu release looks like ass Ben. I couldn't get past the shitty dwarves make up/hair. TURRIBAD
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• that. It's such a silly nitpick but the makeup stood out like a sore thumb.

Comment

• Maybe the PAL version is legit?

Personally, I think Jackson has gone insane.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Had no idea that This Is The End came out tonight. Might try to go see it tonight or Friday, then Superman Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                        Maybe the PAL version is legit?

Personally, I think Jackson has gone insane.
                        I still haven't seen The Hobbit, but if it's worse than King Kong, a movie where the editor was most likely stabbed and killed, then yup, he's insane.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It's NOWHERE as bloated as Kong.

Comment

• I'll probably get the Blu on the cheap sometimes...
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It is bloated, that's undeniable. But at least it's enjoyable.

I can't think of one sequence in King Kong that I actually like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                                It is bloated, that's undeniable. But at least it's enjoyable.

I can't think of one sequence in King Kong that I actually like.
                                I really liked the end bit on the Empire State Building, and the death of Kong (watching him fall) got me.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X