No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tktnpEiEoiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I still really fucking dislike everything Leslie Jones does. At this point, unless the reviews are fucking STELLAR, this is a netflix movie easily.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• SEXIST!
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Sure. Why not?

I love that a year ago I could have said: "Man, Bridesmaids was not good and way too long" and no one bats an eye but now if you say "Man, GB doesn't look all that great" you automatically hate women and have an agenda.

I fucking hate the internet.

Comment

• Like I said on the Twitter and the Facebook, this continues to have a regurgitated look taking plot elements, moments, lines, etc. from the original. Nothing about this looks/feels like its own thing.

Looks OK but pointless. So yes, in that case, why does this exist?
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I do like the special effects and the overall 'look' of the film, but good God...the humor just isn't there in the slightest.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• pretty much that.

They have yet to make a point for why this exists except to bank off nostalgia.

And I'm HUGE INTO NOSTALGIA but fuck man

Comment

• I don't hate it, and I like the look of a lot of the FX. That said, yeah Leslie Jones is nooooooooooot funny. And I still don't fucking get it. Is it a remake? A continuation? Plot points seem to be lifted whole cloth from the first. I dunno. I will see it, but the marketing at minimum has been terrible.

Comment

• I think this trailer made a better case that it's a reboot but reuses all of the most memorable scenes and jokes from the first movie. Weirdly, I'm okay with that since now I know what I'm in for. The visuals are pretty great and I'm interested to see who the bad guy is and what he wants. But, man, if you naming this movie based on the jokes and stuff it'd be called SHOUTY BLACK LADY AND HER WEIRD FRIENDS.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HLoDbC_Cf5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• so the UK version of the new GB trailer is much better.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AMERICA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

It's virtually the same trailer plus 2 scenes. The difference being that SONY cut this one instead of farming it out to a PR firm.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• And it had less Patty and more McKinnon.

Comment

• Plus Hemsworth.

Comment

• Hemsworth is killing it consistently in every scene that I see from that film. The guy has got comedic timing up the wazoo.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X