New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    I didn't love the EVIL DEAD remake but, holy crap, this looks great.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/13...eathe-trailer#
    fuuuuuuuuck yeah

Comment

Rocky Horror fans are worse than Grease fans. And that's saying something.

Hey, mu wife is a RHPS fan. Despite it being a bad movie. It's part of the experience I get. And Curry is awesome. AS for the fans, don't know dont, care.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• No. The movie is shit and your wife likes shit.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5cIBD22RhUE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• for reals tho, RHPS fans are the fucking WORST.

Comment

• I don't even know. I saw the movie like 2x, and had fun, even if it's a shit movie.

But holy crap that remake.

Comment

• I like that Laverne Cox really looks no different than any person at a club on a Friday night.

Comment

• For real. Nothing about her look is weird or interesting. I mean, the movie is garbage but at least Curry was an interesting curiosity.

Comment

Whoa, give this to me right now.

https://youtu.be/aNGhnNMSopI
                      YASSssssssssssssssss

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post

Totes

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      No. The movie is shit and your wife likes shit.
                      Hahahahaha, he's saying your wife has bad taste in men Martin.

Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                      For real. Nothing about her look is weird or interesting. I mean, the movie is garbage but at least Curry was an interesting curiosity.
                      Rocky Horror Picture Show, when being the asshole who talks during movies just isn't enough.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        how does that classify as horror? Honest question. That looks okay I guess but horror? Unless it comes to be that he has mutants in the basement this just looks like a thriller.
                        Thriller? Yep. Horror? Like Matt and Rerb said - gore is on display and there's something sinister and/or unnatural in the cellar, there's your horror.

Also, yet again, the trailer pretty much gives away a lot of the movie's story. $10 says the girl's the sole survivor by film's end.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        Hey, mu wife is a RHPS fan. Despite it being a bad movie. It's part of the experience I get. And Curry is awesome. AS for the fans, don't know dont, care.
                        Pretty much this. Yeah, it's not a great flick, but I still kind of like it (young Susan Sarandon hotness? Yes, please!), and I get the huge fanbase the film generated - the communal aspect from the midnight showings, the dressing up (we call it "Cosplay" these days), the audience participation, the Goth-ness/dark cabaret feel of it, etc. It's a flick the art & film students, club kids, early 70s geeks and nerds, the punk and underground crews could latch onto. It's kind of the weird ancestor to what we have now with Star Wars/Trek/Anime/Comics fandom. No way was it the first, but it is an influence, and NOBODY saw any of that coming when the film first came out. Thanks to the fans, it became a unique beast.

That's why, again, a remake just... won't... work. The fans will rip the redo to shreds, and everyone else won't give a shit about seeing it. Plus, the damn thing's going to be on Fox TV, so I expect this sucker's gonna be dialed down on the sex and violence to avoid complaints from viewers.

Comment

• It's a TV thing? Hahahaha, that's STUPID.

Comment

• Wait, it's a TV show? FUCK YEAH GOOD JOB !

Comment

• Yep! Fox is broadcasting it later this year - they say they're going to be faithful to the songs and script Richard O'Brien wrote, but the aesthetic is gonna be updated for us modern audiences.

Think Tim Curry's showing up in this, too.

Comment

• Curry is the narrator.

Ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X