No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, yes, and I don't recall. Little John is cool in it.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Not sure. It's a Rudyard Kipling story, though...as such, I assume it's in the same 'shared universe' as THE JUNGLE BOOK.

It's a story towards the end of The Jungle Book. So, The White Seal. Mowgli only represents about half of the actual book.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Hated the Disney cartoon of ROBIN HOOD. Hated it then, hated it when I saw it again in the 90s, and hated it still when I saw it a few years ago. It just does not work in the slightest for me.

It was the first animated Hicksploitation movie made at the height of the craze.

It also confirmed the fact that only Phil Harris should voice cartoon bears. He does it so well, that it made me believe that he was a shaved bear.

Plus, Pat Buttram as the Sheriff. Voice acting perfection.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

1. "Mowgli's Brothers": A boy is raised by wolves in the Indian jungle with the help of Baloo the bear and Bagheera the black panther, and then has to fight the tiger Shere Khan. This story has also been published as a short book in its own right: Night-Song in the Jungle.
          2. "Hunting-Song of the Seeonee Pack".
          3. "Kaa's Hunting": This story takes place before Mowgli fights Shere Khan. When Mowgli is abducted by monkeys, Baloo and Bagheera set out to rescue him with the aid of Chil the kite and Kaa the python. Maxims of Baloo.
          4. "Road Song of the Bandar-Log".
          5. "Tiger! Tiger!": Mowgli returns to the human village and is adopted by Messua and her husband who believe him to be their long-lost son Nathoo. But he has trouble adjusting to human life, and Shere Khan still wants to kill him. The story's title is taken from the poem "The Tyger" by William Blake.
          6. "Mowgli's Song".
          7. "The White Seal": Kotick, a rare white-furred northern fur seal, searches for a new home for his people, where they will not be hunted by humans. The "animal language" words and names in this story are a phonetic spelling of Russian spoken with an Aleut accent. For example, the hero's name "Kotick" (Котик) is an affectionate diminutive of "cat" (Кот); "Stareek!" (Старик!) means "old man!"; "Ochen scoochnie", said by Kotick to mean "I am very lonesome", is the phonetic pronunciation of Очень скучный, which actually means "very boring". Likewise, "holluschick" (plural -ie) is "холостяк", (pl. -и) which means "bachelor" and is used in the story for "unmarried" young adult seals.
          8. "Lukannon".
          9. "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi": Rikki-Tikki the mongoose defends a human family living in India against a pair of cobras. This story has also been published as a short book.
          10. "Darzee's Chaunt".
          11. "Toomai of the Elephants": Toomai, a ten-year-old boy who helps to tend working elephants, is told that he will never be a full-fledged elephant-handler until he has seen the elephants dance. This story has also been published as a short book.
          12. "Shiv and the Grasshopper".
          13. "Her Majesty's Servants" (originally titled "Servants of the Queen"): On the night before a military parade a British soldier eavesdrops on a conversation between the camp animals.
          14. "Parade-Song of the Camp Animals" parodies several well-known songs and poems, including Bonnie Dundee.

Comment

• Disney Robin Hood is legit and I am sorry Rob and Matt hate fun.

Comment

• It's terribly boring and lame.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yep, Team Rob on this one all the way.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• It ain't great Disney, but always had a semi soft-spot for Robin Hood. Mostly the

Robin Hood and Little John
                  Running through the forest
                  Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
                  Golly, what a day

..song. It just pops into my head sometimes and I haven't watched that movie in 20 years
                  XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    No Rikki Tikki Tavi? Fuck this movie.
                    You complete me, Bill. You... complete me.

Comment

• The fact we're getting a movie called MiB 23 is stupid and awesome at the same time.

If only Smiff and Jonez were coming back even for a cameo.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I am so damn excited for this stupid movie.

Comment

• I just wish Lord and Miller were directing. It's some other dude, right?

Semi-related- C TATES IN KINGSMAN SEQUEL. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                            Semi-related- C TATES IN KINGSMAN SEQUEL. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
                            Rumor is Gambit has fallen apart because Tatum lost interest.
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• They probably explained to him "yeah, we're Fox so this is a Marvel movie but it's not a MARVEL movie". so he realized he wouldn't get to be in a movie with Iron Man or Captain America and bailed.

Comment

• Something like that. Or, as common fodder, Tatum inked a "Pay or Play" deal on Gambit and Fox saw it wiser to put him in something else of theirs than simply pay his (expensive) fee for nothing. That's the only reason Jack the Giant Killer got made, for example.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X