No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was totally underwhelmed by the first one, so I'll probably pass on this one until it hits Netflix.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I still love the first one, so much. Except for Alba. She's the worst.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Machete
        Or, When Less Turns Out to Be So Much More: The Movie
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Couldn't get into the first one either. Gimme another Hobo With A Shotgun.

Comment

• I'm backing Rerb, as I enjoyed the hell out of the first one, so I'm definitely seeing this opening night.

Alba was OK. Eye candy, sure, but I'd take Michele Rodriguez over her in a heartbeat.

Comment

• TIM, MY BOY.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Looks fun enough. I didn't hate Machete, but Rodriguez's track record isn't amazing. Probably DVD for me unless I hear really good things.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                  TIM, MY BOY.
                  <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YOrxqdHmSLA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

To me, Rodriguez' hits more than he misses, and seldom fails to entertain me. Granted, we ain't talking high art here, but his DIY methodology is old school enough for me to keep coming back.

Comment

• The concept works so much better as a fake trailer than as an actual movie.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Yeah, I think Machete would be awesome as like a series of 15 minute short films for Netflix. Or even he makes one every two years to play before some other better movie.

Comment

• Not a huge machete fan. Sorry RobTim. Also magic is awesome as are bank heists so I'm in on that. FUCK ANY MOVIE WITH MORE THAN ONE SMIFF AND/OR BASED ON SCIENTOLOGY. Just saying.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Rodriguez is mostly mediocre to edgy teenager with his adult films.

Machete was fun in Grindhouse, but as a feature it got bogged down in trying to add some horseshit serious tone via Alba. If they had a actress in that role who could act then the end result would have been so much better. As it is, momentum dies with a line dropped from her pillowy lips.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Holy shit is After Earth's getting torn a new one... not THAT surprised, but still...
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Holy shit is After Earth's getting torn a new one... not THAT surprised, but still...
                              I've seen reviews saying it's godawful, and reviews saying it's just this shy of being really legit good. All reviews say Jaden is a black hole of charisma though.

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dOF8GiIXtGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X