New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who wrote it? IT wasn't Feig was it?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Well! Wait 'til cable it is, then! Mucho very thank yous, Mr. Anderson, sir!

Also, fuck "think pieces" and the suit wearing white guy(s) in Hollywood who thought that bit of marketing horseshit up. When I become Emperor, those fuckers are going up against the wall first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        who wrote it? IT wasn't Feig was it?
        Script is credited to Katie Dippold and Paul Feig.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• meh.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• So glad I was never invested in GB's from the start. LOVE the first, thought the second was passable and never NEEDED anything else from the property. And this isn't an anti all female deal at all, I just didn't love the property like some do.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Ghostbusters is one of my absolute favorite movies, and probably my first "favorite movie" when I was like 4 or 5. I want this to be so good, but it just looks and sounds like a bad remake instead of anything new being added to it.

Comment

• It's gonna be this year's Robocop, you watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Ghostbusters is one of my absolute favorite movies, and probably my first "favorite movie" when I was like 4 or 5. I want this to be so good, but it just looks and sounds like a bad remake instead of anything new being added to it.
                  This is exactly how I feel. I'm bummed because everything points to it being a wasted opportunity.

Comment

• Totally. I don't give a shit if it's all women. The first was all men. So fine, whatever. I just don't have faith that they're doing anything new or interesting. Anderson, please correct if I am wrong, but what I've seen leaked is that it's disgraced professors ran out of their college and become Ghostbusters due to their interest in the paranormal. LITERALLY THE ORIGINAL FUCKING PLOT. I would be shocked if Gozer isn't involved at this rate. I always loved the idea of Ghostbuster franchises. Hell, want to make an all female cast? Make it so some shitty firehouse wouldn't hire women, then they make their own franchise in retaliation. It isn't hard!

Comment

• Any actual advanced word from preview screenings on the following films:
                      FANTASTIC 4
                      MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE - ROGUE NATION
                      THE MAN FROM UNCLE

Thanks!
                      Originally posted by Martin
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Totally. I don't give a shit if it's all women. The first was all men. So fine, whatever. I just don't have faith that they're doing anything new or interesting. Anderson, please correct if I am wrong, but what I've seen leaked is that it's disgraced professors ran out of their college and become Ghostbusters due to their interest in the paranormal. LITERALLY THE ORIGINAL FUCKING PLOT. I would be shocked if Gozer isn't involved at this rate. I always loved the idea of Ghostbuster franchises. Hell, want to make an all female cast? Make it so some shitty firehouse wouldn't hire women, then they make their own franchise in retaliation. It isn't hard!
                        Oh man, so they're battling another team of Ghostbusters! That would be great!

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          Oh man, so they're battling another team of Ghostbusters! That would be great!
                          Right?! And just build it up where they are fucking up capturing ghosts, then save the day clearing out some mean as hell poltergeist from a building the other team can't do. BOOM.

Comment

Totally. I don't give a shit if it's all women. The first was all men. So fine, whatever. I just don't have faith that they're doing anything new or interesting. Anderson, please correct if I am wrong, but what I've seen leaked is that it's disgraced professors ran out of their college and become Ghostbusters due to their interest in the paranormal. LITERALLY THE ORIGINAL FUCKING PLOT. I would be shocked if Gozer isn't involved at this rate. I always loved the idea of Ghostbuster franchises. Hell, want to make an all female cast? Make it so some shitty firehouse wouldn't hire women, then they make their own franchise in retaliation. It isn't hard!

Spoiler: In honor of yesterday's spirit of reconciling the Internet. Here's real movie news returning to BDR. 

Ghostbusters (2016)

Wiig isn't disgraced at the start of the movie. She's trying to get serious and put her work with McCarthy behind her. Unfortunately, McCarthy and McKinnon have put out a book and used Wiig's name and notes. Wiig gets pushed out of academic and mocked. Now, she's forced to work with them.

The trio have a plan to start a ghost hunting business, but no one believes them or wants to give them cash. That's when a strange dude named Rowan starts causing supernatural events to happen around the city.

Leslie Jones is introduced as a city sewer worker who catches Rowan sitting a spiritual time bomb at a crypt under the city. She tries to stop him, but it blows up. The blasts releases a fat green ghost man that chases them both. It has Jones corner, when it gets destroyed by a Subway train.

The end result is fat neck and head that floats around sliming everything, as it runs off.

Back to the Ghostbusters trio, they do the commercial. They try to buy the Firehouse, but can't afford it. So they move into a bungalow over a Chinese restaurant. They hire a college intern named Kevin (Thor) to work as their receptionist for imagined money and college credit. Basically, McCarthy spends the time ogling him.

Leslie Jones finds them and explains what happened in the sewers. McKinnon heads down there and gets samples to fine tune her proton pack system. The team starts assembling and finding other events around the city. Meanwhile, Leslie Jones buys her dad's hearse and gets it tricked out to be the new Ecto One.

McKinnon debuts the new proton pack, as they get a call about the Green Slimer Man ghost at a building downtown. The new proton pack doesn't use containment. It quite literally vaporizes ghost parts until the ghost dies again.

The team unites and defeats Slimer Man, as they spot Rowan observing them. Rowan gets away, but now people think the Ghostbusters aren't crazy. They meet the Mayor (Andy Garcia) and they become media darlings.

Rowan now has a plan to speed up his spiritual tamperings around the city by creating a blast at the top of an old building downtown. McKinnon pieces together what's going on and they assemble to stop him.

Unfortunately, it's a Homeland Security situation and the National Guard gets called out to stop this domestic terrorist. Michael K. Williams is supposed to show up here.

Rowan opens the portal and the National Guard gets possessed. The Ghostbusters close in on Rowan, but he makes them choose the form of their destruction. McCarthy thinks about a movie she just saw and a Ghost T. Rex comes out of the portal.

Now, the people of the city and the Ghostbusters are fighting a Ghost T. Rex and possessed soldiers. Rowan speaks to something in the portal, we get a glimpse of it being a thin foreign looking woman.

The Ghostbusters save the soldiers and stop the T. Rex, but the portal grows bigger. They cross the streams and blast Rowan back into the portal to seal it shut.

The day is saved and Dan Aykroyd cries as the credits roll.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Who is playing Rowan?
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• So basically a mashup of the first two movies. Fuck this.

Comment

Working...
                                X