No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russel's epic mutton chops are epic. EPIC.

Comment

• So is the new Mad Max really as good as the buzz is indicating, or are the internets just spewing hyperbole and I should temper my expectations?
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        A24 says it got a release on April 24th in Canada. Not sure if it hit near you. Other than that, the possibilities are endless.
        Danke! EDIT: looks like it JUST came today, pumped!!
        Last edited by Mike; 05-08-2015, 08:35 PM.
        <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Danke! EDIT: looks like it JUST came today, pumped!!

It's an amazing movie with giant issues. But, Garland is capable as hell as a director.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
            So is the new Mad Max really as good as the buzz is indicating, or are the internets just spewing hyperbole and I should temper my expectations?
            There are vehicles with giant drum sections and a flaming guitar. I'd say that means you should expect fucking greatness.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

It's an amazing movie with giant issues. But, Garland is capable as hell as a director.
              Was really impressed with Isaac's work here.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Roar

Thank you Alamo Drafthouse for distributing this...oddity. It's totally insane. Just bonkers. I needed a xanax walking out of the theater. But, like I said on Facebook, it is a totally fascinating look into white guilt and narcissism. Rich liberal white people go to Africa to study the animals, primarily big cats. The natives tell them they are goddamn insane people, and get the fuck away before the cats fuck them up. Of course, whitey says ah gosh gee whiz you just don't know anything about them. Yes, tell the man from African how he doesn't know about the native species. But then the evil white men decide they will kill some of the cats because you shouldn't be trying to collect them or something. Really not sure, the movie wasn't that concerned with plot. But of course the big bad lion wasn't really that big and bad, he killed evil whitey and was cool with nice whitey! And of course the family caught with the hundreds of lions while dad was gone was terrified of all the animals...but they didn't want to hurt anyone! Look how they just cuddled up when you hid in a shed and slept. AWWWW. Seriously, knowing the true story and the insane story in the film. Fuck. Liberal white guilt will get ya killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  Roar

Thank you Alamo Drafthouse for distributing this...oddity. It's totally insane. Just bonkers. I needed a xanax walking out of the theater. But, like I said on Facebook, it is a totally fascinating look into white guilt and narcissism. Rich liberal white people go to Africa to study the animals, primarily big cats. The natives tell them they are goddamn insane people, and get the fuck away before the cats fuck them up. Of course, whitey says ah gosh gee whiz you just don't know anything about them. Yes, tell the man from African how he doesn't know about the native species. But then the evil white men decide they will kill some of the cats because you shouldn't be trying to collect them or something. Really not sure, the movie wasn't that concerned with plot. But of course the big bad lion wasn't really that big and bad, he killed evil whitey and was cool with nice whitey! And of course the family caught with the hundreds of lions while dad was gone was terrified of all the animals...but they didn't want to hurt anyone! Look how they just cuddled up when you hid in a shed and slept. AWWWW. Seriously, knowing the true story and the insane story in the film. Fuck. Liberal white guilt will get ya killed.

QFT.

Still, I'm taking a picture of my dog for that Roar 2 contest. I want to get that one sheet signed by the director.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

QFT.

Still, I'm taking a picture of my dog for that Roar 2 contest. I want to get that one sheet signed by the director.
                    I haven't seen this contest. Will look into it.

The more I think about the movie the more the pure narcissism sinks in and it is extraordinary.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      I haven't seen this contest. Will look into it.

The more I think about the movie the more the pure narcissism sinks in and it is extraordinary.
                      The movie almost cost the world Jan de Bont.

Comment

The movie almost cost the world Jan de Bont.
                        Was talking to my roommate about that on the way home. No wonder he had no issue laying down in front of a bus to catch some shots in Speed.

Comment

• Woo, The Incredibles 2!
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

The quick jump to that film doesn't help the overall feeling towards Tomorrowland.

I really, really, really wish that Disney would get their dick out of their ass and realize that they could sell the hell out of that movie if they wanted.

It's such an amazing kid oriented movie that doesn't rely on saying THIS IS FOR KIDS. Grand scale adventure on a PG level.

Comment

• MallRats sequel titled MallBrats.

Don't care, can't wait for this. The original is near and dear to me for reasons.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                MallRats sequel titled MallBrats.

Don't care, can't wait for this. The original is near and dear to me for reasons.

There's already a couple of funny stories about this movie and it hasn't rolled a single camera.

Comment

Working...
                                X