X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.slashfilm.com/maniac-us-t...-into-madness/

This looks awesome. Sign me up.

Comment

• Is it mostly shot in first person? It looks creepy but confusing. I've never seen the original.

Comment

• The original is the goods.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Reviews seem to indicate that FURIOUS 6 is a solid follow-up to FAST 5. Awesome. Here's hoping that I can convince the wife unit to see it this weekend.

Surprise surprise, THE HANGOVER III is supposed to suck.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
            Is it mostly shot in first person? It looks creepy but confusing. I've never seen the original.

http://braindeadradio.com/2012/10/19...-death-scenes/

The original made our list.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              The original is the goods.
              Troof. Savini at his finest. I'm very, VERY intersted in this new version with Elijah Wood. Looks like he's bringing his creepiest A-game to this.

Comment

• Second trailer for RUSH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-ujuL1mc9To

I think this looks very promising.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• yeah. I have a feeling that Wood is gonna be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                    Is it mostly shot in first person? It looks creepy but confusing. I've never seen the original.
                    Maniac got awesome reviews over here and then disappeared within a week of release. I didn't see a single screening in my local multiplex or arts cinema. Apparently, its got genuine emotional heft, which makes it that much more disturbing.
                    Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    Reviews seem to indicate that FURIOUS 6 is a solid follow-up to FAST 5. Awesome. Here's hoping that I can convince the wife unit to see it this weekend.

Surprise surprise, THE HANGOVER III is supposed to suck.
                    I tried watching Hangover II last night and turned it off after 30 mins when I hadn't smiled once. Fuck that franchise.

As for Furious 6 (and I'm gonna keep calling it that until it sticks, damnit) - it's possibly my favourite in the franchise. Its got everything that Fast Five had - for good and bad - but the action sequences are possibly even more amazing. They make literally no sense in the real world, but when did that ever matter? Luke Evans is the best villain of the series (unless Sonny Chiba counts, in which case he still is), The Rock gets two really nice fights, Gina Carano doesn't embarass herself and kicks some serious ass (didn't even know she was in it until it started) and the end credits sting drew gasps, cheers and applause from the teen lads in my screening.

This is the first blockbuster this year that left me grinning on the way out and it had me grabbing the arms of my seat and even had my heart in my mouth a couple of times. At this point, Justin Lin might be the most undervalued action director working and someone needs to snap him up and give him a shot at something more interesting than another Terminator sequel as soon as possible. He's left surprisingly large shoes to fill for the seventh film.

Extra mention for the opening credits, which run all five previous films together into a glorious action montage that actually helps anchor the characters and their relationships for the film that follows. It's not high art, but I like spending time with these characters and that's one really fun credits sequence.

And yes, Tyrese is still hongry.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• YEA TYRESE HOOOOOOOOOOOONGRAY. Seeing the ever loving FUCK out of this tomorrow afternoon. Think I will watch Fast Five tonight to work my car boner into a frenzy.

Comment

• WE ALL STILL HOOOOOOONGRAY!!!! I HATE ALL OF YOU BECAUSE I HAVE TO WORK THIS WEEKEND AND WON'T BE SEEING THIS!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• HOLY SHIT Furious Six is the best super hero movie of the summer. Period. End of story. No negotiating. I don't care how amazing Superman is, it will be BULLSHIT in comparison. Pacific Rim is going to have a fucking hard time keeping up with the pure goddamn carnage and destruction Justin Lin dishes out. How in the HELL is Justin Lin not returning for number seven?! Universal, hand him a fucking sack of cash. Many sacks. Give him fucking $15M for 7, then guarantee him a budget of like $150M for whatever goddamn movie he wants to do next. Nobody is going to do 7 and keep up. A 2PM showing on a Friday afternoon and it was SOLD THE FUCK OUT. Justin Lin is our new action overlord.

Han. My man Han. My favorite since Tokyo Drift. How are you not the modern day Chow Yun Fat? You're funny, halfway handsome, can display a range of emotions, and know how to do physical work and make it work even if you're not an insane black belt mofo like Jet Li.

Tyrese, HONGRAY and hilarious as always. Ludacris, the hood Q. All so amazing. Jordanna Brewster, what happened to you? Go gain like 50lbs. You look sickly, honestly. I am worried. Paul Walker, I will continue screaming for people to go fucking watch Running Scared (go watch Running Scared you dummies!).

God. So good. So so so good. Lock your kids into the bathroom for a couple hours and go see this.

Comment

• Running Scared is legit.

Why no love for Vin or The Rock?
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Vin is Vin. The Rock. Well. I'm not spoiling a goddamn thing about that marvelous bastard. No words will do him justice. The way he is established (and the movie establishes itself as a super hero flick) right off the bat is so beautiful.

Comment

• Awwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X