No announcement yet.

New movies undeserving of their own thread 2: The Night It Came Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never encountered anyone that didn't like Groundhog Day. It's, like.... a perfect comedy and a great film. How can you not take joy in Groundhog Day?

JE NE COMPRENDS PAS. JE NE COMPRENDS RIEN.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• COEXIST.

What we need is a mashup: ALL YOU NEED IS GROUNDHOG.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        I've never encountered anyone that didn't like Groundhog Day. It's, like.... a perfect comedy and a great film. How can you not take joy in Groundhog Day?

JE NE COMPRENDS PAS. JE NE COMPRENDS RIEN.
        It's a very pedestrian movie buoyed by Bill Murray's incredible performance. Ramis did better.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          COEXIST.

What we need is a mashup: ALL YOU NEED IS GROUNDHOG.
          I would murder to get Bill Murray in Edges of Tomorrow.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            It's a very pedestrian movie buoyed by Bill Murray's incredible performance. Ramis did better.
            I now feel the need to rewatch it. It's been FOREVER and to be honest I don't think I've seen it since it came out. I liked the idea but I remember being bored as fuck during it anytime Andie McDowell or whatever came on screen.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Andie McDowell keeps it from being 'a classic', but she's really the only misstep in the film. It deserves its reputation of excellence.
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Matt! You're not totally nuts! Yes, agreed - perfect is too far thanks to MacDowell, but even she is less annoying than usual in it. 'Pedestrian'? Totally disagree and also disagree that Ramis ever did better as a director. It's in the classic comedies pantheon for me and arguably one of the decade's finest.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Ben be Ben'ing imho.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• That's a bad thing, huh?

Comment

• Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• If I had a magical button, I'd blank Groundhog Day out of existence for a sequel to Club Paradise or Back to School.

Not even a good sequel. It could be like Caddyshack 2 and I wouldn't hesitate.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Ok, give me this at least - merits of the film itself to one side (or lack thereof), Groundhog Day's existence is completely justified by giving us this man as Ned 'Ned the Head' Ryerson:

With this and Werner Brandes in Sneakers, Tobolowsky secured his 'that guy' geek status for evermore.

Comment

• Tobolowsky is the best thing about Groundhog Day. Better than Murray. I like it, but I really don't get the "all time top 10 comedy" status it has acquired in the past decade.

Comment

• Not all time top 10. But top 10 of the 90s easily

Comment

Working...
                                X