STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
    Film Twitter's latest thing is rewriting history on Empire's initial reception (in order to prop up The Last Jedi and in effect their boy Johnson). Who cares that it's a bullshit narrative?

Cut to in six months to a year, they'll claim they never really liked The Last Jedi and admit how much it retreads Empire's territory. These fuckers need to die.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PFkAAvDkj9k" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DaOgZwk9rN8" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Honest question.

Spoiler: Spoilers and Speculation, What WHAAAAAT! 
        Does Hamill's role in IX increase now with Fisher's passing? She was obviously being built up to have a face-to-face with Kylo which we'll sadly never get now (and by all accounts was the crux of the problems that caused Trevorrow to bail).

Now does Abrams retcon Luke's "death?" My money is on some twist where he returns in human form.
        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Honest question.

Spoiler: Spoilers and Speculation, What WHAAAAAT! 
          Does Hamill's role in IX increase now with Fisher's passing? She was obviously being built up to have a face-to-face with Kylo which we'll sadly never get now (and by all accounts was the crux of the problems that caused Trevorrow to bail).

Now does Abrams retcon Luke's "death?" My money is on some twist where he returns in human form.

Look to the original script notes for ESB and ROTJ.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

•   Spoiler: You know the drill... 
            Hmmm... yeah I can see Abrams doing that.

If memory serves correctly, Obi-Wan fought Vader with Luke in Empire early drafts. Ditto him and Yoda fighting the Emperor while Luke faced Vader in early incarnations of Jedi. On that lava planet.
            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

•   Spoiler: For the ones who hate all that readin' and cultural heritage bullshit. 
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• hahahah
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

•   Spoiler: Pretty sick shit when you think about it... and I laughed. A LOT! 

Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EIY-PsHrj9A" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• Most important statement...."It's only a movie."
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• And you don't have to acknowledge these Disney-era films if you don't want to. Just like many fans still don't acknowledge the prequels. Just stop at Return of the Jedi.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                          Most important statement...."It's only a movie."
                          Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                          And you don't have to acknowledge these Disney-era films if you don't want to. Just like many fans still don't acknowledge the prequels. Just stop at Return of the Jedi.
                          Both of these, plus there's a fuckton of Expanded Universe/Legends stuff out there to be perused, accepted or discarded as the fan sees fit.

Still, Mark Hamill is the classiest of acts.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                              Both of these, plus there's a fuckton of Expanded Universe/Legends stuff out there to be perused, accepted or discarded as the fan sees fit.

Still, Mark Hamill is the classiest of acts.
                              Over time, I honestly think many are going to look at these films negatively and just go back to the original trilogy.

Plus... you know they're gonna retcon some of this shit for Episode IX. Reaction has been too mixed, the box-office numbers are rapidly decreasing and the merchandising sales are awful to The Force Awakens. Funny to hear scumbag Faraci say toy sales don't matter for a "dark and mature" movie like The Last Jedi.

Yes because the Porgs were totally not pushed hard in Social Media for months and never created for the purpose of selling toys.
                              Originally posted by Ari

Comment

Over time, I honestly think many are going to look at these films negatively and just go back to the original trilogy.

Plus... you know they're gonna retcon some of this shit for Episode IX. Reaction has been too mixed, the box-office numbers are rapidly decreasing and the merchandising sales are awful to The Force Awakens. Funny to hear scumbag Faraci say toy sales don't matter for a "dark and mature" movie like The Last Jedi.

Yes because the Porgs were totally not pushed hard in Social Media for months and never created for the purpose of selling toys.
                                For the people that grew up with the original trilogy, nothing will ever compare. Those three films are pure magic and all the special editions in the world can't take that away. But this new trilogy is a much different beast the prequels. After going to Disneyland last year and the year before for Halloween, do you have any idea how many little girl's were dressed up as Rey? It was insane. Obviously it's impossible to give a final verdict on this trilogy right now since we're still missing a film, so we will have to see.

My five year old just wants clones and battledroids to fight with right now, so he's not much help.

I do see Abrams doing some retconning (for instance, Rey's parents were nobodies, but the Empire conducted secret experiments on her mom using the genes from Luke's recovered hand thus Rey really is a Skywalker, or some hopefully less convoluted shit) and Luke will be force-ghosting all over the place, but Snoke's dead, baby.
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X