STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    That was the first piece concept art cut for Kylo Ren. They went from that image to Adam Driver.
    technically they could still go to that....
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• love that
        Spoiler: spoilers 
      Daniel Craig was the Stormtrooper that Rey uses her mind trick on

had no idea
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        love that
        Daniel Craig was the Stormtrooper that Rey uses her mind trick on

had no idea

Yeah, he let it slip which pissed some people off. He visited the set with Roger Moore when they were doing early Spectre pre press.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Jen and I are set for this Sunday, 9:30 AM! We were going to hold off until Christmas Eve, but we lucked into some seats at our local uber-cushy theater.

Until then, get thee behind me, spoilers!

Comment

• You guys, this is a very good film and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Spoiler: I let it in alright 

FUUUUUCKIN' RAADDDDDDDDD

I'll say up front that it totally cribbed way too much from A New Hope, even down to the trench run. But that's okay because it means Rian Johnson is directing ESB, which is awesome.

I really loved all the new characters. The humor was great and I didn't feel like much, if any, of the dialogue was stilted. I'm really excited to see what happens next with everyone. Even Kylo Ren, who can get fucked with that raggedy-ass light saber for what he did. I can't believe how he betrayed his family and namesake. So, questions!

1. Snoak is all fucked up. Think he's someone from the OT? Surely wouldn't be Palpatine.
            2. At the very least, Ren and Rey are cousins. What's the consensus here? I think the hints leaned toward Rey being Luke's kid but I still feel like it'll be a thing where Leia and Han were hiding the truth from Rey to protect her from Ren.
            3. Is there a planet beneath Cloud City? How the hell did what's her face find Luke's old saber?
            4. There is only one other black person in the universe. How long until we learn Finn is Lando's son?

I think I want to see it again soon.

Comment

• Also, it totally sucks that

Spoiler: I was right about 
              Phasma joining the "cool looking character who is completely worthless" club with Darth Maul and Boba Fett. BOOOOOOO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                Go see it right now.

I'm seeing it tomorrow, Dolby Atmos, no 3D bullshit. Excited. Watching Return of the Jedi tonight.
                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  You guys, this is a very good film and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

FUUUUUCKIN' RAADDDDDDDDD

I'll say up front that it totally cribbed way too much from A New Hope, even down to the trench run. But that's okay because it means Rian Johnson is directing ESB, which is awesome.

I really loved all the new characters. The humor was great and I didn't feel like much, if any, of the dialogue was stilted. I'm really excited to see what happens next with everyone. Even Kylo Ren, who can get fucked with that raggedy-ass light saber for what he did. I can't believe how he betrayed his family and namesake. So, questions!

1. Snoak is all fucked up. Think he's someone from the OT? Surely wouldn't be Palpatine.
                  2. At the very least, Ren and Rey are cousins. What's the consensus here? I think the hints leaned toward Rey being Luke's kid but I still feel like it'll be a thing where Leia and Han were hiding the truth from Rey to protect her from Ren.
                  3. Is there a planet beneath Cloud City? How the hell did what's her face find Luke's old saber?
                  4. There is only one other black person in the universe. How long until we learn Finn is Lando's son?

1. I talked about this on the new BDR we just recorded. I want it to be Darth Plageius or whatever from the prequels.
                  2. I call Rey as Luke's kid. OR it will be the "I am not your father" reveal instead. Because you all know we're getting one next episode
                  3. no idea. But I love Kaz. A whole bunch.
                  4. Dammit, I want Lando. I don't want Finn to be Lando's kid NOR do I want Finn and Rey to hook up.
                  5. I hope Phasma didn't die and made it off planet otherwise, LAME

SOOO GOOOOOD

Comment

You guys, this is a very good film and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

FUUUUUCKIN' RAADDDDDDDDD

Let's go.

Spoiler: Spoilers 

FUUUUUCKIN' RAADDDDDDDDD

The common thought is that he's Darth Plagueis (Palpatine's master post Palpatine trying to murder him)

She's Luke's kid...there's too much there whether if we're going from prior drafts, on set push and just common sense.

Bespin is the planet beneath Cloud City. It's a swamp world where they mine Tibanna Gas (the shit that keeps Cloud City afloat). It's also where the Ugnaughts (the piggy fucks from ESB) live.

There was a black security guard at Cloud City. There's also the guy that Lando took out to work as a skiff guard in Jabba's Palace. Plus, a few X-Wing pilots and that one guy in the Cantina.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Oh, duh, how did I forget the name of that planet.

Spoiler:  
                      the more I think about it, Rey has to be Luke's kid because would Ren have suppressed memories of his own sister? I doubt it considering how much hate he had for his parents. He'd probably want to try to "save" her from them.

I forgot about Darth Plagueis, too. Ah, the prequels.

What happened to Constable Zuvio? I figured he'd be in the movie somewhere since that stupid Black Series figure is keeping me from finding a Phasma.

Comment

Oh, duh, how did I forget the name of that planet.

Spoiler:  
                        the more I think about it, Rey has to be Luke's kid because would Ren have suppressed memories of his own sister? I doubt it considering how much hate he had for his parents. He'd probably want to try to "save" her from them.

I forgot about Darth Plagueis, too. Ah, the prequels.

What happened to Constable Zuvio? I figured he'd be in the movie somewhere since that stupid Black Series figure is keeping me from finding a Phasma.

They cut 14 minutes out of the movie. The bulk coming out of the Jakku stuff. Some stuff with Poe Dameron, the rest just filler.

Comment

• Pretty great.
                          Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• And Isaac is such a movie star.
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• OK, it's badass. Legit great, and I have just a few nitpicks. I also have questions.

Spoiler: HI I WILL BE SPOILING SHIT 

Max von Sydow. Who was he? The crawl I thought mentioned "a trusted ally" of Leia's, which Max must be...but who is he to have this missing piece of the map?

If Rey is Luke's kid I will be pretty bummed out. Her flashback with being sold into slavery was great. But if Luke sold her into slavery/dumped her with nobody to watch her then she better have some LEGIT fucking daddy issues.

John Boyega for president.

Snoak is creepy as fuck and I was disappointed when it was a hologram and not a fucking 30 foot sith monster.

Daisey Ridley is amazing and I hope she gets ALL THE MONEY after this.

But...I thought it was super weird that she could hang toe to toe with a sith that had been training since childhood during their lightsaber fight. Like, yes, she looked bad an untrained but this must mean she's WAY more powerful than him, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                OK, it's badass. Legit great, and I have just a few nitpicks. I also have questions.

Spoiler: HI I WILL BE SPOILING SHIT 

Max von Sydow. Who was he? The crawl I thought mentioned "a trusted ally" of Leia's, which Max must be...but who is he to have this missing piece of the map?

If Rey is Luke's kid I will be pretty bummed out. Her flashback with being sold into slavery was great. But if Luke sold her into slavery/dumped her with nobody to watch her then she better have some LEGIT fucking daddy issues.

John Boyega for president.

Snoak is creepy as fuck and I was disappointed when it was a hologram and not a fucking 30 foot sith monster.

Daisey Ridley is amazing and I hope she gets ALL THE MONEY after this.

But...I thought it was super weird that she could hang toe to toe with a sith that had been training since childhood during their lightsaber fight. Like, yes, she looked bad an untrained but this must mean she's WAY more powerful than him, right?

Lor San Tekka (Max von Sydow) is more of a friend of the New Republic and a relic from before the Empire. He's a friend to Luke and Leia. The Leia's ally in the crawl is supposed to be Poe Dameron, but it was phrased weird. I only know this because of the 900 fucking bits of press shit sent out in the last week.

Rey's going to be Luke's daughter. Too much legwork has been done for it not to be. Also, when you send your kid into hiding, you don't have much wiggle room in terms of saying yay or nay. Potential trust issues? Maybe.

Boyega's good, but President?

Ridley is amazing and the one I see breaking out the biggest from this movie. Regardless of Jamie's (BOX OFFICE WIZARD) prediction of a Brandon Routh style fate.

Snoke has my curiousity more now that I've seen him than ever before.

Rey is more powerful, that's what matters. She force pulls the saber away from Kylo Ren, even when he was trying. He's outmatched and now further in debt to Snoke for training. He did a bad thing and now the Light Side has someone that can best him.

Comment

Working...
                                X