STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    That's just it...that Holdo maneuver broke the universe in terms of weaponry. If you can just lightspeed an object into a bigger object to destroy it, then what's the point of ANY of these movies?
    YEP. I mean, it's a fucking BADASS scene but they either need to do it again and have it backfire or something OR like you said, bring in the explanation from the EU about it. Oh a DS? Let's just set a protocol droid to take a tiny ship into a hyperdrive and blow it up. We'll just make another protocol droid.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The Last Jedi thinks it's bold.

Just an Empire retread that keeps reverse-engineering itself with the whole "Subverting your expectations" crap that Johnson has made a career out of. Plus it's God awful cartoony humor.

That said it's still infinitely better than Rise of Skywalker.
      Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 05-19-2022, 09:02 PM.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

That's just it...that Holdo maneuver broke the universe in terms of weaponry. If you can just lightspeed an object into a bigger object to destroy it, then what's the point of ANY of these movies?

I seem to remember reading one of the older books that addressed this...going into lightspeed/hyperdrive put you into another universe or something. You were not actually traveling through physical space, so you didn't have a possibility of interacting with anything. Considering how much debris there must be in space, this makes sense because it'd be otherwise statistically impossible not to hit something when traveling long distances at that speed.

But I still don't care for TLJ. It's well acted and has a lot of good scenes to it, but the whole 'rebel fleet being chased at sublight speed' thing is stupid, especially when Finn and Rose take a shuttle and just leave at lightspeed. The whole Canto Bight sequence flat out sucks.
        Totally agree with you.

Yeah, that chase is dumb as shit. Also, those big slow as FUCK bombers with BOMBS. Not torpedos. BOMBS. Fuck. Even Wing Commander had more sense than that.

Fuck me. What a letdown.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

YEP. I mean, it's a fucking BADASS scene but they either need to do it again and have it backfire or something OR like you said, bring in the explanation from the EU about it. Oh a DS? Let's just set a protocol droid to take a tiny ship into a hyperdrive and blow it up. We'll just make another protocol droid.
          I love how it’s casually ignored as “one in a million luck” that will never work again.

Comment

• I was a huge hater of the bombs and shit, but then I remember it's a silly serialized sci-fi film that WE as an audience put way too much into it. That being said, give me an actual, honest to god adaptation of Wing Commander without Roberts being anywhere near it EXCEPT for maybe a story idea.

I want to see legit Kilrathi fuck shit up and not that stupid Matthew Lillard/Freddie Prinz nonsense.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Problem with those is that they portrays WW2 tactics with scifi shit. Its dumb as fuck. Star Wars kinda saves it.

You wanna use torpedos and guns? Sorry, but The Expanse showed us how it’s done.

Comment

• The bombs were magnetized, if that helps.

Plus, TIE Bombers. They literally dropped bombs in space way before TLJ did it.
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    The bombs were magnetized, if that helps.

But they flew at normal speed. These rebel bombers were going so slow that they may as well have been going backwards.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

But they flew at normal speed. These rebel bombers were going so slow that they may as well have been going backwards.
                      Maybe they should have put more skill points into their stamina?
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                        The bombs were magnetized, if that helps.

It still was dumb as shit.

magnetic bomb.

goddamn is Lucas dumb.

Comment

• Martin may live in Canada but he's totally an American. Facts? Who care, that shit is dumb! hahahahah

Comment

• Facts are based on reality. Not this.

The internal movie logic sucks even then. Tie Bombers sucked. This is worse.

Comment

• Raiders of the Lost Ark is a perfect movie and Indiana Jones is kinda the perfect action hero.

But this looks... alright... I guess? Doesn't hold much weight because we already got Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull after all those years. So this "big reveal" of him as older means nothing. Disney is hoping for total audience amnesia.

And you know what? It's gotta be said. This looks and feels off without Spielberg.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• It can't be worse than Crystal Skull and the action looks fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X