No announcement yet.

STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jen and I saw this earlier today, and we liked it. Plenty of faults, lots of rushed stuff (most of the new characters could have been excised and the movie wouldn't have missed 'em), and more scenes/sequences that needed breathing space to play out properly.

Still, the battle scenes were great, some sad goodbyes, some nice wrap ups and call backs to the other films - this was an adequate way to wrap up the main saga. This trilogy probably would've worked better had they went Lord of the Rings and filmed these films back-to-back for better narrative and story flow, but whatever.

Now, with that being done, there's a fuckton of Star Wars stuff to play with still. Side stories like the Mandalorian, historical settings like the Old Republic, worlds that should have a ton of story potential like Canto Bight or that Sith world in Rise of Skywalker. Hell, I'll take a Tales of the Jedi series with Hamill or Ridley narrating, like they were teaching future Jedi or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      None of this shit is worth being upset over.
      I don't get worked up over movies. But as I was watching it I was just having this discussion with myself of why I am hating everything I am seeing, then I just stopped and let myself forget it even exists.

Comment

• Skywalker was ok. You can see how much damage Jedi did, but doing nothing to advance the plot.

And I wanted Solo to live, to be a Jedi with a Sith background, repenting.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Also, that last ship battle was heh.

SEE HOW MANY SHIPS WE HAVE? DOESNT MATTER HERE’S MORE SHOTS OF THE FALCON AND POE

Comment

• Total agreement, Martin. I was also kind of confused how...

Spoiler: Spoilers, just in case! 
            Palpatine was able to EMP blast all those ships by waving his hands. I know he's the most powerful GOAT Sith, but c'mon already. If he could've done shit like that before ("UNLIMITED POW-AHHHH"), the Republic/Rebellion/Resistance would've been done before Episode 1's opening crawl.

I will say I loved how he looked - nightmare fuel fo' sho. Still not sure how he got through that fall into a fucking reactor from ROTJ, though.

Comment

• The movie was a fucking MESS the more I stop to think about it. Also totally undermines Vader's redemption in ROTJ. Boooooooooooooo.

Our recap for episode 200 is coming soon.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Again, the return of the Emperor deserves its own movie. Having him come back as part of the opening crawl with no real explanation is a 'hand wave' that I just can't buy into.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Matt you need to play Fortnite and then you would have heard the emperors transmission that JJ figured was not worth putting in the movie because"THE DEAD SPEAK " was good enough....
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    The movie was a fucking MESS the more I stop to think about it. Also totally undermines Vader's redemption in ROTJ. Boooooooooooooo.

Our recap for episode 200 is coming soon.

Like Matt says, but remember they had to scrap Jedi all together to tie up the story.

Why the fuck did they let Rian Johnson do that movie if he strayed away from advancing the story so fucking much.

As much as someone love it or hate it, Abrams had a plan. Johnson fucked it up.

Comment

• The wrong people guided the project from day one.

Saw it in small town Texas yesterday and chuckled my old balls free of all wrinkles.

Some truly astounding laziness and hastily installed drywall in the shit smeared double wide that is a galaxy far far away.

That said, Rey was a troll’s dream of a Mary Sue. The little Russian technician alien was the best. Lando was second best. Palpy was wasted. As was the MAGA cult planet. Kotor 2 did all of this expansion so much better and it didn’t even finish its fucking story.

Nice to see the trio of cyphers that went nowhere try to pretend to be characters for a while. Poe came close to human behavior though. Shame it was nearly a decade of work for very little, as where they each began held a great amount of potential.

This is the ST. The Squander Trilogy.
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 12-27-2019, 11:10 AM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Abrams had no plan past Force Awakens.

Comment

• Sheeeeeit, I don’t think he even knows how to read.

Times like these I miss Joe Esterhaz.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            Also totally undermines Vader's redemption in ROTJ. Boooooooooooooo.

Not gonna lie even though it marks me as a huge nerd, this was reason #1 I didn't like it. JJ was essentially telling us the original trilogy didn't matter at all.
                            "Can't you just magic it away?"
                            "No, no more than you can just 'science' it away."

Xbox Live & PSN Tag: wydren

Comment

• It not only fucks Vader’s redemption, it again centralizes the fucking galaxy on 2-3 bloodlines. The only good thing Last Jedi really did great was making the bloodline shit irrelevant. Anyone could be a Jedi.

Also, I’d have expected the Resistance to adopt the kamikaze run learned in Jedi. They would have assfucked the whole brand new shiny fleet (where the fuck did they find these new crews????!) into dust.

Comment

• there was a throwaway exchange that explained that.

Something like
                                Finn: 'Let's just do the Holdo maneuver'
                                Poe: 'No, that was one in a million. We can't do that again.'

And that's it. Just a handwave explanation.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X