STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
    Oh yeah, hell I'm surprised someone hasn't brought it up since then. If I don't have someone refreshing the spoiler shit, I blank on it.

Spoiler: Matt Smith 

Apparently, dude is playing the lead Knight of Ren that get sent out into deep space to hunt down Luke. In Episode 9, Kylo calls them back to his new First Order Empire thing and Matt Smith is supposed to be the one that has a problem with all of it.

Basically, UMM DUDE. What's this about a Rey and you already found Luke and you're just now summoning us back home? What the fuck, man?

Haha! That sounds delightfully at odds with the story so far indeed. Inconsistent indeed. But what’s the palpatine angle there?

Comment

• The Palpatine angle is some of the nerds think Smith or Richard Grant is supposed to be playing Palpatine.

All signs point to Fuck No on both.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Nice to see that Lando's shirt hasn't changed since he was in his 20s...
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Rocking the cape still!
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

I like Lando's daughter's name change much better. The water alien and Zorii still confuse me. Apparently, because Zorii isn't Keri Russell. Or at least could be a Boushh figure from the way it was relayed.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Jannah. The intersectional empowerment is strong in this one for me.

And always a good sign for the coherence of the final act of your trilogy, no Saga!, to flood it with yet more characters. Or will we finally encounter something approaching a characterization in this one?

Comment

• Not likely.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Interesting conversation on DERP.

Does Disney even have the legal right to restore the "original" cuts of Star Wars, Empire and Jedi (possibly a part of the acquisition deal with Lucas) or do they... and they just don't give a fuck? My guess is a little bit of A and B.
                      Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 04-01-2019, 01:58 PM.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• What spurred this on?
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          What spurred this on?
                          A case of the Mondays, probably.
                          But yeah, it is a pretty fun conversation being had.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I thought it was said that they couldn't release the originals as Lucas owned those cuts? Or maybe that's just a rumor i read. Dunno but I already have my unfucked with cuts so even if they never do I'm good. Haha.

Comment

• Outside of John Landis (a friend of Lucas's but also a notorious bullshit-spreader) claiming Disney was restoring them, nothing has been stated.

Speculation is Lucas would have had to pay royalties to his ex-wife if they were to be officially released. And since he was never going to do that after she broke his heart (She cheated on him whilst they were in the adoption process for their first kid), hence those DVDs from circa mid-00s's where they were released separately as a "special feature." Total legal loophole move on his part. Pretty clever, if true.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Since she was the editor on Star Wars, if she got residuals, she would get them on any release. Unless she signed away those rights, and I doubt she did since she's not stupid.

Fox owned the original cut of Star Wars. Now Fox is part of Disney, I'm sure they have the ability to release the original versions.
                                Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
                                X