No announcement yet.

STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read some shit that it's because they wanted a lot of ad-libbing and Kennedy flipped out that the script wasn't followed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
      I read some shit that it's because they wanted a lot of ad-libbing and Kennedy flipped out that the script wasn't followed.
      They might be one of the reasons, but it's not the only thing. Hell, it's on the lower end.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• It seemed a hilariously petty reason. Why even report it? They would just cut out the ad-libs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          It seemed a hilariously petty reason. Why even report it? They would just cut out the ad-libs.
          While it was a dick move on Lord/Miller's part, they are far from the first directors to get fired this far into a movie.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• what's the point of hiring directors that aren't ready to make these movies?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              what's the point of hiring directors that aren't ready to make these movies?

You take a gamble and lose.

From Wizard of Oz to Cocoon to Ant-Man, it happens a lot.

Comment

• Yeah, Zemeckis directed Cocoon and fairly deep into filming got shit-canned and replaced by Howard. Who then went in and Dick Lester-ed the fuck outta the shoot.

One of the reasons Zemeckis felt so bad about having to fire Eric Stoltz like he did was he was in his shoes less than a year prior (and reiterated to the guy, everything would be fine in the long-term... and he was right).
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• so now Howard is going to come in and "fix" Solo?
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    so now Howard is going to come in and "fix" Solo?
                    I see massive reshoots. If tonal consistency and character accuracy (sarcastic vs comedic) if the goal, then I suspect that most of the dialog scenes will need to be redone. Action sequences will probably survive with tweaking unless they look terrible in the dailies.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      I see massive reshoots. If tonal consistency and character accuracy (sarcastic vs comedic) if the goal, then I suspect that most of the dialog scenes will need to be redone. Action sequences will probably survive with tweaking unless they look terrible in the dailies.

We have a winner.

Comment

• The one bright spot in all this: These aren't looking to be reshoots where the script has been entirely re-written after the fact necessitating reshoots. Here, it sounds like an instance of 'the first director(s) didn't shoot the script. The second director actually shot the script.' As such, there hopefully won't be any jarring lurches or obviously reshot segments in the final film, just the script 'done right'.
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          We have a winner.
                          I'd be genuinely curious to know how the schedules for the actors align with the possibility of shooting almost the entire film over again? If they suddenly have to be on set again for another 4-5 months to get the shots, are any of the roles in danger of being recast?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                            I'd be genuinely curious to know how the schedules for the actors align with the possibility of shooting almost the entire film over again? If they suddenly have to be on set again for another 4-5 months to get the shots, are any of the roles in danger of being recast?

I'd say 2-3 months more MAX. They're locked into that release date.

Comment

• Kennedy had enough of them stopping everything on set just to get one scene right. Instead of shooting everything coverage-wise and worry about it later with some pick-ups/reshoots. This times a thousand, plus their beef with Kasdan.

Which tells you how bad it was considering they, at least, let Edwards finish the original round of production on Rogue One, knowing they were going to fire him immediately.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
                                Kennedy had enough of them stopping everything on set just to get one scene right. Instead of shooting everything coverage-wise and worry about it later with some pick-ups/reshoots. This times a thousand, plus their beef with Kasdan.

Which tells you how bad it was considering they, at least, let Edwards finish the original round of production on Rogue One, knowing they were going to fire him immediately.

Edwards situation was more, he didn't know how to plot a movie or shoot tempo to save his fucking life. Plus, he was more wanting to make a 70s style Sci Fi film rather than shooting the movie he was asked to shoot.

Apparently, shutting down that section of the British subway system cost Disney out the ass. Did it look good as the interior of the Scarif base? Yeah. But, it would've looked the same as a set.

Comment

Working...
                                X