No announcement yet.

STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw was completely unnecessary to the final film. I don't know what role he played in the first cut prior to reshoots, but here he's pretty much useless. And yeah, I hated his voice.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Saw is an ancillary Clone Wars throwaway character designed to explain away Jyn's abilities. That's all.

Having gone through 800 Rogue One books sent as promo, I found this out from the fucking book I bought via Rob's Amazon link.

Scarif is an Outer Rim planet, the same as Tatooine. Meaning that the Tantive IV pretty much got shot out of hyperspace roughly an hour or two after the end of Rogue One.

The convenience of having Leia in the Outer Rim is a bit much. But, Star Wars.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Mocap Peter Cushing from beyoooond the graaaave. Ya or nay?

I was fine with it. Leia on the other hand...
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I had no problems with it overall. I mean from a tech standpoint it's awesome and still has room to grow. I think people would have had more of an outrage had they gone ahead and used a stand in with prosthetics. Much like Ceej and I talked about on the podcast in the shots where it was as bit darker it worked much, much better. Leia on the other hand was fully shot in a white corridor with full on fucking light hitting the face and that fared worse BUT I still didn't mind it if I'm being honest. Shit worked better than other CG shots from other flicks IMO.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm more and more ok with Tarkin because of his importance to the story. Leia, not so much, mainly because her face didn't come out as well as Tarkin's.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• And Leia's line was obviously lifted from the original.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Yeah, like we mentioned I would have preferred to just hear her voice and not see her face. Her face was a gratuitous shot that wasn't needed while Tarkin was needed for the actual story.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Once they nail more realistic lip movement this shit is going to be bonkers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    I'm more and more ok with Tarkin because of his importance to the story. Leia, not so much, mainly because her face didn't come out as well as Tarkin's.
                    Exactly.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Jen and I just caught this in Rob-O-Vision and Ceej-surround sound (second flick we caught at the brand spanking new theater in my birthplace of Howell, NJ). We enjoyed the heck out of it - I'm with everyone re: the missing scenes from the trailers/commercials, as well as CGI Tarkin (some shots it was a dead giveaway, others it almost looked like the real guy!). CGI Leia wasn't TOO bad, but she was a bit more noticeable. Like Rob said, when this tech is perfected, bonkers-city, yo.

Spoiler: Spoilers and such 
                      Shame all the Rogue One good guys got blown the fuck up in this, as I'd like to see 'em pop up again in further adventures. I mean, c'mon, who DIDN'T dig on Chirrut and Baze's bromance?

Comment

• I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.
                        I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Great article about how and why in the case of the CG Tarkin and stuff.

Comment

• I didn't have a problem at all with Tarkin's and Leia's CGI - Leia's looked a bit off, but it still worked. Plus, the article said the likeness usage got the OK from Cushing's estate, so screw the haters.

Comment

• I like that the reason it looked off was mostly due to the lighting being used in ANH compared to RO. Also the mouth stuff wasn't technically as off as one may think due to how Cushing actually talked.

Either way, it was still neat and mostly worked for me.

Comment

• Not having as much of a problem with Tarkin. Leia, though...that was jarring.

Comment

Working...
                                X