No announcement yet.

STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw was completely extraneous in the cut that we got. Apart from saving Jyn at the beginning, he could have been completely written out of the film without issue. His scene where he tortured Bodhi makes zero narrative sense and defies character logic.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I don't know about it defying logic. They say he's an extremist, and that's why he broke off from the rebellion. But I know jack about him beyond the movie, never seen Rebels.

Watched that video Rob posted on my FB with all the stuff cut or changed from the theatrical...and man. It feels like the third act was an entirely different movie.

Comment

• He's not even in Rebels yet. He's in the upcoming episodes. He started in The Clone Wars show but the character has been changed a bit.

Shit was definitely cut and those space battles (while they were amazing) feel like a big chunk were added late in the game. Shit, in the original trailers Jyn was on the beach with the giant HD running so it seems to make sense all that shit with the dish was added late.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Yeah, younger Saw Gerrera was in a few episodes of Clone Wars, haven't seen him in Rebels yet but I hear he will be showing up.
          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            Shit was definitely cut and those space battles (while they were amazing) feel like a big chunk were added late in the game. Shit, in the original trailers Jyn was on the beach with the giant HD running so it seems to make sense all that shit with the dish was added late.
            But there is also a shot of her on the dish catwalk with a TIE fighter pulling up. So it couldn't have been added that late.

Comment

• Either way I have a feeling we'll never know for sure but I still really enjoyed the flick a bunch and hope we get some extended shit on the blu ray with Saw.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I have a question that may have been answered in the film and I either missed it or can't remember (I really need to see this again soon); Why did they decide to take the plans to Kenobi instead of back to Yavin? Bail says something about having his daughter take them to him and I can't figure out why they wouldn't just take them back to their base. It makes sense at the end of the movie since Vader was in pursuit they couldn't just let him follow them to Yavin, but I can't make out why it was the plan before that.
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• You said it, Vader was hot on their tails. The rebellion is still the rebellion. They're scrappy underdogs. If Vader knew they were on Yavin IV then they get blown the fuck up and it's game over. Vader gets onto Leia's shuttle, after destroying the battle cruiser it's attached to, and she jettisons the escape pods with the droids/plans to Obi Wan because he can be trusted and he's in a far flung outpost nobody would expect...then everyone dies and nobody can tell Vader they're on Yavin IV so they hit it with the Death Star and win in one quick attack.

EDIT: Remember, they eventually follow the pods to Tatooine. If they shot it to Yavin IV they'd have gone there.

Comment

• But Bail didn't know that Vader would be following them when he came up with the idea of having Leia deliver the plans to Kenobi. It makes sense in the end, but I can't figure out why that was the plan from the beginning.
                    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Yeah, but they did know they were taking their fleet to the doorstep of the Empire and wouldn't get away without being tracked back to Yavin IV.

Comment

• Because movie.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I kind of agree with both billy and Matt. It makes sense what Billy said. I mean, you show up on their doorstep and steal shit. You wouldn't go straight back home after that. You'd do some random circles around town, go down a few alleys, etc..

But also what Matt said: It's a minor plot misstep in the flick that wouldn't even matter if ANH didn't exist.

Comment

• You know what bugged me the most?

Having Forrest Whitaker sound like the King Julian from Madagascar. Fuck it was annoying.
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I liked it. Again, he struck me as good guy Vader. He got fucked at some point and I just wish, like Billy mentioned, we woulld have gotten a bit of that story.

Comment

• But the voice? He was like the Star Wars Mike Tyson.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X