STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

Also: You have to wonder if 'Rogue Squadron' in episode IV was named after the Rogue One crew now...
    Word. I can't even believe I didn't think of that prior to the movie. haha.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      it's true. I mean, the ending of a New Hope was already like "YEAH! THE GOOD GUYS!!" but now knowing what it took for them to even get there and how Luke wouldn't have been able to do shit without the sacrifices of the people in Rogue is pretty awesome.

That and explaining shit like:

Why the Rebellion had such few ships
      Why the DS even had this fucking exhaust port that could blow the whole thing up
      Why Vader was so feared
      etc...

Like, you could gloss over those things as we have been doing for decades, but having some concrete answers that didn't feel like fan service was pretty great.

Keep in mind, I still think I like Ep 7 more than this if only because this movie, while feeling like a SW movie, was just so goddamn dour. Which works in its favor. There isn't shit in here to just sell toys or to pander to the kids. But again, Gareth has problems with pacing as Troy mentioned.

Jyn was bad fucking ass though as were all of the Rebels.

Spoiler: Rewatch the first Moff meeting in A New Hope 

The Moff getting joked on for having a shitty fleet. That's the guy whose ships got blown to shit over Scarif.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I loved Rogue One. Need to see it again.
        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

•   Spoiler: New shit. 

Nearly 90 minutes of alternate and cut material.

Gilroy apparently took away the final cut from Edwards. Problem with CG Tarkin and Leia. Well, Han Solo flick will have more...confirmed.

Episode 8 connection confirmed.

Chopper is at Yavin IV in Rogue One. He's visible in two scenes, gonna try to spot him on second viewing.

Apparently, Edwards got to raid undigitized footage from the A New Hope shoot. A lot of scenes and extra pilots in Rogue One are unseen footage from Episode IV. Not deleted/cut scenes from DVDs and Blus. Footage that has been sitting in cans at the bottom of the Lucasfilm Archives.

What's more surprising is that Edwards' team confirmed that there is more footage for all of the films.

My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• All the major cameos and shit in Rogue One. I do need to see it again just to spot Chopper. Can't believe I missed him the first go around...
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Also, I don;t think I've or anyone else has mentioned it here, but the mentioning of "The Whills" gave me such a nerd boner. Ceej and I talk about it on the upcoming episode of BDR, but that shit was great.

Comment

• Holy fucking shit. 2nd favorite, Easy.

(I always thought Hope was a bit... boring? But Rogue One actually makes it better I think.)

MUST. REWATCH.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• That was a hell of a star war. Maybe #2 behind ESB? But that might be because I LOVE what it does to put stuff from A New Hope in context. So maybe that puts it at #3. I was surprised at how grim it ended up, though. K-2SO was great. There wasn't much levity but I liked what he brought and was bummed about what happened at the archives.

The one thing I can't decide yet- do I like the Death Star exhaust port thing better as an example of the Empire's erroneous belief in their own infallibility or as a huge middle finger from an angry, abused officer?

Comment

• Huge middle finger. It's great.

Comment

• Also, I don't think I agree with you on the score, Rob. That bit when they're leaving Eadu or whatever it's called? Awesome. Same for a lot of the stuff on Scarif.

Comment

• I remember nothing about the score. Maybe I need to listen to it again. You're not the only one to say I'm wrong in that aspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                          That was a hell of a star war. Maybe #2 behind ESB? But that might be because I LOVE what it does to put stuff from A New Hope in context. So maybe that puts it at #3. I was surprised at how grim it ended up, though. K-2SO was great. There wasn't much levity but I liked what he brought and was bummed about what happened at the archives.

The one thing I can't decide yet- do I like the Death Star exhaust port thing better as an example of the Empire's erroneous belief in their own infallibility or as a huge middle finger from an angry, abused officer?
                          I actually loved that. That the Death Star's weakness is Erso's fuck you to the Empire.

In retrospect, it makes me wanna watch A New Hope, which by itself is an amazing thing, as I never really loved it as much as the others.

For me, it's my #2 so far.

I have it as:

1- Empire Strikes Back
                          2- Rogue One
                          3- Force Awakens
                          4- New Hope
                          5- Return of the Jedi

But the last 3 fluctuate a lot. I'm overdue for a rewatch.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• And there's Chopper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                              I remember nothing about the score. Maybe I need to listen to it again. You're not the only one to say I'm wrong in that aspect.
                              I loved the score. My favorite thing behind Donnie Yen in the movie.

I said my piece of Facebook, but to repeat I liked it a lot. But I don't feel like I will rewatch it a lot. Probably will watch it on BD with ANH right behind it because I do agree it adds a lot to ANH...which is insane to say.

I really didn't like K2 and think he was written with Guardians of the Galaxy on in the background. The couple dark humor lines he had were good, otherwise it was just annoying and the jokes didn't land. Yen had the best joke with "I'm blind!"

Wish we got more Saw. And Mads. And like...anything from the trailers. I swear the trailers had nothing left in the actual release. I went back and watched a couple and there's the shot on Jyn in the elevator, the shot of Bhodi with a gun, Saw's speech, Mothma's smirk and the "so rebel" speech, and why get Barristan Selmy to fill an ANH role and have ONE FUCKING LINE? There's gotta be an hour on the cutting room floor that would probably make me enjoy the movie a lot more, not to say I didn't enjoy it. But there were obvious blank spots.

And then Bhodi watching Saw take that breathing tube, it sounds like Vader, the hints of Vader's theme come up, and Bhodi almost loses it....and nothing? No mention of Vader or how he interacted with Bhodi? Nothing? I mean if they kept Vader silent and not in the trailers it would be a cool bit of foreshadowing but Vader was part of the marketing. Feels like there was a story to tell that got left out.

Comment

• Saw is good guy Vader.

Comment

Working...
                                X