STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      Spoiler: From our friends in Warsaw. Watch at your own peril. 
    why 'peril'?
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      why 'peril'?
      Basically, it's such a quality scene that it deserves to be seen in Theaters. You can't get back your first time seeing that moment.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Amazed it's leaked that fast.
        Originally posted by Ari
        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
            Spoiler: Bird is the word 
          The Vader scene was rad, I agree but Jesus Christ it rushes so fast to get to that Leia reveal.

Also was that Biggs in the group of pilots?
            Spoiler: Spoilers 

He might have been. They went out of their way to get as many of the older actors back.

The composition layout on how they did Tarkin and Leia is fucking insane. Apparently, it's something they're configuring for later SW movies. But, the work they put into it while it appears crude...might get them the Oscar.

That technique has nowhere to go but up. Even though, it's just an advanced remodel of how they did the Winklevoss Twins in Social Network.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

•   Spoiler: The supposed Rogue One to Episode VIII connection 

Vader's Castle in Rogue One? It's on Mustafar. Why? Well, because the Emperor made him live where he was born again.

The Episode 8 connection? Well, Rian Johnson got the thanks in Rogue One for letting them borrow a set.

Kylo Ren either lives or visits Grampy's Castle in Episode 8.

Connection made.

Comment

Basically, it's such a quality scene that it deserves to be seen in Theaters. You can't get back your first time seeing that moment.
              For sure. It was so goddamn badass.

I didn't have as many problems with the CGI characters as some people do. I thought it was amazing at what they accomplished, and like Troy said, it can only get better. That being said, I think young Tony looked a bit better in Civil War but of course he would since RDJ is alive. hah

K2 was the MVP.

what I think (and it'll take at least another viewing to confirm) is how much better it makes A New Hope. That's great in my opinion. If only the prequels were more like this, oh man.

also, it's crazy to see properly trained Stormtroopers fucking shit up. Those ground battles were GREAT. Love how restrained they were in using Donnie Yen.

My biggest gripe with the movie was the score. Didn't like it except when he used bits of Williams's score. It lacked gravitas.
              Also, that space battle: GET THE HAMMERHEAD CRUISER

dope.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Spoiler: From our friends in Warsaw. Watch at your own peril. 
                Already had that spoiled for me, so I watched it. Cannot fucking wait.

Comment

• it's goddamn legit.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                    what I think (and it'll take at least another viewing to confirm) is how much better it makes A New Hope. That's great in my opinion. If only the prequels were more like this, oh man.
                    I keep hearing this and it blows my mind.

Comment

• it's true. I mean, the ending of a New Hope was already like "YEAH! THE GOOD GUYS!!" but now knowing what it took for them to even get there and how Luke wouldn't have been able to do shit without the sacrifices of the people in Rogue is pretty awesome.

That and explaining shit like:

Why the Rebellion had such few ships
                      Why the DS even had this fucking exhaust port that could blow the whole thing up
                      Why Vader was so feared
                      etc...

Like, you could gloss over those things as we have been doing for decades, but having some concrete answers that didn't feel like fan service was pretty great.

Keep in mind, I still think I like Ep 7 more than this if only because this movie, while feeling like a SW movie, was just so goddamn dour. Which works in its favor. There isn't shit in here to just sell toys or to pander to the kids. But again, Gareth has problems with pacing as Troy mentioned.

Jyn was bad fucking ass though as were all of the Rebels.

Comment

• Awesome. I am supposed to go Monday night with my roommate and his lady friend. I might say fuck it and go Monday morning.

Comment

• KEep in mind, I'm a huge SW fanboy and obviously it seems like I like it much more than others in this thread but if this is type of movies we're getting in the non-episodic flicks, then I'm on board.

Comment

• This has marinated in my brain for the past 8 hours and grown in my estimation. The film's 'highs' are very, very high, and the 'lows' are becoming trivial. I need to see this again.

Also: You have to wonder if 'Rogue Squadron' in episode IV was named after the Rogue One crew now...
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• it's crazy how many shots from the trailers weren't in the movie. Especially that shot
                                Spoiler: spoilers 
                              of the tie fighter flying up at the end to come face to face with Jyn and the shots of the troopers walking in the water and shit

Comment

• Gotta say, my favorite element of this movie was the Red/Gold leader stuff. That just absolutely tickled me to death. It makes total sense that they'd be there in the final battle and I'll be damned if they weren't used perfectly.

Also, it's very cool to see Y-Wing fighter bombers used correctly. Having them bomb that one star destroyer with ion bombs was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X