Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YEEESSSSSSSsssss

Comment

• Now I've got a competing Rogue One plot outline. Working out to see what gels.

Especially as the spoilers are flying wild now.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
        Now I've got a competing Rogue One plot outline. Working out to see what gels.

Especially as the spoilers are flying wild now.
        and I just got the movie spoiled for me. Sounds closer to the current Disney plan for these films. Different enough than the earlier leak I heard, but the TG crowd says that's because they think other leak came from nerds piecing together older script and Pre Production shit.

The new leak is so thorough that it has time stamps on it matching up to the film's 133 minute runtime.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

•   Spoiler: Spoiler 

The last moments with Jyn, K2S0 and Cassian is in the last trailer.

This is going to play sad on film.

Comment

•   Spoiler: Rogue One highlights 

GOTG style cold opening on Lam Su. Krennic has been hunting down the Ersos. Galen captured, the wife killed and Forest Whitaker saves little Jyn.

Jyn grows up working with Forest's movement to protect the sacred religious worlds. But, the Empire's demands for resources to power the Death Star keep growing. So, they start attacking the Jedi sacred world of Jedha. Think of it like Palestine with the Force.

Jyn gets into a skirmish on Eadu and gets picked up during a Rebel/Empire dustup. (THE ONLY VAGUE area left is whether this happens immediately before or after Jedha).

All of the YAVIN IV stuff happens here. Meanwhile, Tarkin is busting Krennic's ass over the Death Star delays. Vader waits in wings to take over. Vader gets up in Krennic's face. End of Vader's 1st of 2 scenes.

The team gets built, everyone has their intros. Group takes off for Jedha. They meet-up with Forest and grab some new mercs (Donnie Yen and Beardo). Empire attacks and kills Forest. They use the Death Star to do a low yield blast (all it can do at this point). It destroy most of the planet's surface, but doesn't destroy the planet. Think of it more like 3 or 4 atomic blasts back to back. Rogue One escapes for final conflict.

The team knows that the Empire has taken the last of the Kyber crystals off of Jedha to Scarif to power the laser. So, it's steal the plans and stop the Empire from firing the weapon again. Battle of Scarif happens in space and land.

Big beardo merc is revealed to having been working for the Empire all the time. He's the reason Krennic is able to track them. Donnie Yen is distraught, but keeps fighting. Eventually it's all Red Dead Redemption as 40 Shoretroopers gun him down. Beardo feels bad about this. He sneaks about Imperial Shuttle and blows up the Crystals. He dies.

Jyn, Cassian and K2S0 break off in a separate ship and transmit the Death Star plans to Leia. They're caught while doing this and their ship gets blown up by Vader's Star Destroyer.

Krennic apologizes to Vader for failing at Scarif, but Vader force chokes him to death. Voice over narration from Jyn about the power of hope and rebellion.

The film ends on the restaging of Vader and the stormtroopers boarding Leia's ship. The scene begins from the Imperial side, as we see the stormtroopers burning through the locks. Then, the last shot is of a Rebel Soldier yelling THEY'RE COMING THROUGH.

Movie ends.

Comment

•   Spoiler: Battle order correction 

Jedha - Merc recruits, Kyber crystals, early DS Turbolaser blast

Eadu - Stealing the DS plans. Jyn's dad's last stand.

Scarif - Assault on the last of the DS construction. Attempt to recover the Kyber Crystals and Galen Erso plans for Rebels.

Comment

• So, I just got out of seeing Rogue One a day earlier than I expected.

Spoiler: Spoilers 

The second plot leak was closer, but still missed giant details.

Especially that Vader scene. Holy fuck that might be one of my favorite Star Wars moments ever. Not going to spoil shit.

It's a good movie, but ANH, ESB and even TFA are better.

Last edited by Anderson; 12-13-2016, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• I will say this. If you're paying attention to detail, it makes elements of A New Hope stronger and make far more sense.

Comment

• Also, they got the original Red and Gold Leaders from ANH back for this one. A little detail I just had to look up, as I thought they looked familiar.

Comment

• Going over my notes. I saw The Ghost in two shots as being part of the Rebel Fleet. Not sure if that's a Rebels spoiler or just an easter egg.

Comment

• Yeah, that was leaked in a trailer a while back. I don;'t think it was confirmed if it was just that specific class of ship or if it's actually them.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          Yeah, that was leaked in a trailer a while back. I don;'t think it was confirmed if it was just that specific class of ship or if it's actually them.

It has to be them, you don't get that specific and the Rebels creators don't get a Thank You in the credits if it wasn't them.

There are three FX shots in this movie that will get them the Oscar nom, but I'm floored by how they did it. I want to see one of those vintage CBS specials where they explain what went into making them happen.

Comment

• I heard about the second Vader scene. I can't wait to see it.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• One more add-on before I take off for a bit. Apparently, it's screening wider and I'm seeing shit that runs the gamut online.

Half of it is F-A-K-E. The other half has to be purposeful leaks. If you really want to stay spoiler free, go radio silent until you see it.

Comment

• I'm also hearing that one all-CGI character does not work really well and is distracting. I won't name who/what the character is, but I guess it's jarring in how poorly the character works in shared scenes.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X