No announcement yet.

Prometheus and ALL OTHER NEW ALIEN/PREDATOR SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally. And that's the bitch of it - there are concepts here that would have been fascinating and warranted another entry, had they been handled appropriately. The greatest flaw is that I think they had too many ideas, trying to be all things to all men, and all those ideas ended up being half-baked. To the point that, yeah, a sequel would almost act as validation of a lazy script.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Validation? Not sure of that.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• A competent screenwriter who has really thought things through could, in the sequel, provide some sort of logical rationale for the major plot elements in PROMETHEUS. Nothing will fix the stupidity of the character actions or motivations, but the 'science' can be fixed.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Just got back from a completely empty showing in 3d. We dug the hell outta it. The 3d was definitely Avatar level, Fassbender rules, the tech was great, loved the creature designs and I only had a few minor quibbles:

Geologist and Hocken were going back to the ship but never had their cameras on apparently so that Stringer knew what was up? boourns

Obviously cut footage of Stringer piecing the "weapons manufacturing" stuff together was jarring.

Charlize not running to the left before she was crushed.

Otherwise I was thoroughly entertained. I want that director's cut right now.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I also loved the idea that the engineer from the beginning drank the black tar, broke down into pure DNA and seeded the planet. Really can't wait for more.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• So are Martin and I the only ones here that dug this flick?

Comment

• I liked it. I certainly wouldn't have gone to see it of my own volition, nor would I see it by myself(I'm a pansy), but it was good.
                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Ingrid knows what's up.

Comment

• I believe Troy at least didn't hate it. I haven't seen it yet.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Theodore Stabbington View Post
                      So are Martin and I the only ones here that dug this flick?

I'm somewhere between Matt and you guys.

I loved it, but there are giant problems. This year has been full of nothing but movies like that for me.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I liked it enough to where I'd buy it on blu.

Comment

• For all of my major, major problems with it, I still kinda enjoyed it for the BIG SCI FI SPECTACLE of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            First off, slight correction: it's Un Chien Andalou.
                            Really? We're doing that? Good to know.

Second, Will Smith is AT BEST a good actor. At best. Let's look at Ali for that shining moment. The rest? Ah Hell NAW! Fassbender, when taking a shit at home, has a better range of acting than Will Smith will ever have. Watch Shame or Hunger for exemple. Bad exemple by picking Will Smith. So far Fassbender's track record is nearly perfect, and it's no exception here.
                            It's called humor. I thought pulling out Olivier as a reference would be tired. So I chose Will Smith as an absurd example. Take it easy.

And David follows orders. Wayland's orders. It's pretty clear he's the one who decided what to do with the sample, and that no one knew (even if they should have guessed) what would happen.
                            Yeah, that's the problem: no one knew what introducing an alien contagion would do(and I include Lindelof in that list too).

Here's the problem: David's actions could jeopardize the entire point of the mission and he would know that.

Maybe, maybe I could buy doing what he did as a complete last resort. He does it with the first 12 hours of being on the goddamn planet. IT makes absolutely no sense for him to do as a character. It only makes sense as lazy script-writing.

ETA: I don't believe for one fucking second Weyland told him to introduce the contagion to a crew-member without taking any kind of precaution. And you know what, that information is nowhere in the movie either.

But we all know about the script problems, and at that point, it becomes generic sci-fi monster thriller like say, Pandorum, Deep Star Six, you name it. But, the production and everything else is to be praised.
                            Praised, yes. Calling it a good movie, no.

And lastly, my standards are perfectly fine thank you.
                            Well, that's a matter of opinion.

I'm able to appreciate different levels of movies. Bad Boys 2, as you say, is perfect in it's genre, much like say, Le Samourai, Commando, 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Debbie Does Dallas, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Hard to Kill or Inception.

Or, for that matter, can I appreciate Transformers despite it not being a masterpiece on screen.

You can't appreciate a movie despite obvious flaws? Your loss, not mine. Prometheus sure as fuck ain't perfect, far from it, but there's some great stuff in it.
                            I can appreciate all sorts of things as well. But when the movie is actively insulting my intelligence, I tend to get pissy.

This movie stinks. It's pretty, sure, but that's it. Just saying it looks good and that's it sounds...well...fucking retarded.
                            Last edited by BMichaelKrol; 06-18-2012, 04:36 PM.
                            Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• I still enjoyed it.

Comment

• It was nerd crack. No redeeming value, but fun at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X