No announcement yet.

Prometheus and ALL OTHER NEW ALIEN/PREDATOR SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's very pretty. Plot left me with many questions. Finally getting to read this thread was interesting.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Just got back from seeing it.

It's the IDIOT PLOT all over again: the only reason that you get from plot point A to plot point B is because everyone acts like an idiot.

I love the fact that this film tried to create a mythology. I admire what it strived to do in that regard. Still, apparently the genesis of the 'alien' is as follows:

1. Black goo that Engineers created as a weapon of mass destruction. Creates worms under certain circumstances that do something
      2. Infect the guy with the goo. Have him fuck the infertile woman.
      3. Have her give birth (via caesarian sections) to a squid thing
      4. Have the squid thing act as a prototype face-hugger on an Engineer.
      5. Bam: prototype alien bursts from the Engineer.

THAT is the mythology that you're going to put forth? Did they honestly write that up and go 'yeah, that sounds good. Go with it.'????? Did they not step back even once and go 'wait a minute, have you honestly thought this through???'

The script reads like a first draft spec script written over a weekend. It definitely needed a heavy polishing from somebody with a functional brain.

That being said, I kinda enjoyed the film. The visuals and the acting were strong enough to keep me engaged in the material (such as it was) and there were many definite WOW moments courtesy of the special effects. It's worth seeing on the big screen, and the 3D was quite good.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I was totally absorbed for the first 45 or so minutes, then Matt's aforementioned stupidity kicks in and it lost me. Still, very glad we saw it in imax 3d.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Agreed with Nathan: it's great until Dumb and Dumber get lost in the igloo. From that point on, it's strictly IDIOT MODE and it never stops until the credits roll.
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• This movie was poop. Seriously.
            Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
              This movie was poop. Seriously.
              Ridley Scott presents BEAUTIFUL POOP

Comment

• Sure, it was good looking, but it was dreck.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• See this yet, Tim? I'm curious as to your thougbts on it.

Comment

• Bummed that I won't be able to see this until next weekend. Probably gonna check it out after the ALS walk. Really hard not reading spoilers....
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      See this yet, Tim? I'm curious as to your thougbts on it.
                      I was supposed to on Friday, then on Saturday, but on both days plans went to shit. I'm hoping to go this weekend, although from what I'm hearing, I'm wondering if I shouldn't wait for the DVD.

Wound up watching a bootleg of Piranha 3DD, and am still recovering from that mistake.

Comment

• told you. At least the Hoff had fun with it.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• See it theatrically, in Imax if possible. It's a visual feast that is second to none...just be prepared to have your brain exit your head and start slapping you silly.

Comment

• how much were the imax tickets Matt? Never saw a flick there before.

Comment

• Imax at the zoo, 3D, came to $16.50 a ticket. Visually, i honestly have to say that i got my money's worth. It was amazing and completely immersive.

Comment

• Prometheus: Pretty on the Outside

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
                                X