No announcement yet.

Star Trek: The Star Trek Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone calling it a disaster is way overstating it (i refuse to read Devin, so I don't know what he's saying).

I'm no hardcore Star Trek fan and I'm exactly who the film is aiming for. It's a fun film and it's beautifully mounted, with an excellent Giacchino score.

It's got big problems, not least of all the final act, but for a good hour or so in the middle, it's an honest to God space action adventure and is damn fun for it. It requires the biggest screen available, but I personally skipped the 3D and am glad I did. This is a hectic, loud film and I don't think it would lend itself to particularly effective 3D conversion.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      Anyone calling it a disaster is way overstating it (i refuse to read Devin, so I don't know what he's saying).

I'm no hardcore Star Trek fan and I'm exactly who the film is aiming for. It's a fun film and it's beautifully mounted, with an excellent Giacchino score.

It's got big problems, not least of all the final act, but for a good hour or so in the middle, it's an honest to God space action adventure and is damn fun for it. It requires the biggest screen available, but I personally skipped the 3D and am glad I did. This is a hectic, loud film and I don't think it would lend itself to particularly effective 3D conversion.
        Spoiler: Star Trek 
      the ending plays Nemesis bad onscreen. Peggy and dumber batch try their hardest. It's not so much on Abrams, as it is on the shitacular scripts. Weller worked for me.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I didn't have a shitfit over the ending, but I will say that the film's 'Luke, I am your father'-esque reveal added little overall.

Even though the climax is ultimately underwhelming, I still was thinking 'I can't tell how they technically did that'. The breathlessness and cinematic wonder of it helps to gloss over the holes, right up until the moment you leave the theatre.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
          I didn't have a shitfit over the ending, but I will say that the film's 'Luke, I am your father'-esque reveal added little overall.

Even though the climax is ultimately underwhelming, I still was thinking 'I can't tell how they technically did that'. The breathlessness and cinematic wonder of it helps to gloss over the holes, right up until the moment you leave the theatre.
          If I get THAT out my movie experience, I'll be satisfied in the moment. We'll see what happens: I'm going on Thursday night with some buddies.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• This is why I don't bother with reviews on movies I already know I want to see. Why put negative voices in your head before you experience it? It makes no sense and it's why I was never a great "movie" nerd.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
              This is why I don't bother with reviews on movies I already know I want to see. Why put negative voices in your head before you experience it? It makes no sense and it's why I was never a great "movie" nerd.
              I read reviews to set my expectations at a certain level.
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I can see that I guess. I dunno, I just don't bother with reviews at all. Ever. I'll listen to what you guys say but that's about it.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'm hopefully going to see this at the weekend. Honestly, it hasn't been hard to avoid reading about it because I've had the feeling from early on that this, like the last one, will be a pretty generic summer blockbuster wearing a Star Trek costume.

By the way, I could've done without seeing that picture posted earlier if that's what the Klingons look like now. It did nothing for the hope I'm trying to muster for this film.
                  "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• I'm glad I have no baggage with ST and I just want to see some decent character interactions and shit blow up. Sounds like I'll be happy.

Comment

I'm glad I have no baggage with ST and I just want to see some decent character interactions and shit blow up. Sounds like I'll be happy.
                      Yuuuuuuuuuuuuup if Spock neck pinches some douche in a Rancid shirt and skinny jeans, that's a bonus.

Comment

I'm glad I have no baggage with ST and I just want to see some decent character interactions and shit blow up. Sounds like I'll be happy.
                        That's where my expectations are at too.
                        Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• B and B...MY BOYS.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            Yuuuuuuuuuuuuup if Spock neck pinches some douche in a Rancid shirt and skinny jeans, that's a bonus.
                            YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS
                            BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

B and B...MY BOYS.
                              We'll let Krol think one of those is for him.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Working...
                                X