Star Trek: The Star Trek Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hahah.

Also, I'm not a huge Trek guy like some people are so maybe that's why I'm still in the boat of 'OMG THIS LOOKS AWESOME" when I see the trailers and read the updates.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Nah, I think it's because it genuinely looks pretty awesome so far. Doesn't mean it won't shit the bed, but from a PR standpoint they've nailed it thus far in my book.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        Krol's gonna krol
        Yeah yeah yeah...BASTARD!

Anyway, on to Rob's legitimate question...

I read that thing about on CHUD today (yeah, I know...) and it seems like they're trying to do Wrath of Khan without all the stuff that made that movie such a classic.

What made Kahn so great was it just wasn't a cool space adventure (which it was); it explored a theme we hadn't seen before in action movies, which was middle-age and reconciling the past. The stuff I read this morning (this guy being Kahn, someone dying and coming back to life, etc), sounds like they're just copying the "cool" elements of Khan. Elements that only worked in the unique situation that was the original Wrath of Khan.
        Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• ah, ok. I can see having issues with that then. That makes sense.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I hope they pull it off but that doesn't sound good. Judgement reserved.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
              I hope they pull it off but that doesn't sound good. Judgement reserved.
              Yeah, exactly. I liked the first one Abrams did, but I don't think the youthful cast will work in this context.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• More lens flare?

Comment

• Josh, that was beneath you.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5ec_rPApKCA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Spoiler: Fuck Bob Orci 
                      Cumberbatch = Khan = Bin Laden
                      Attack in London = 9/11
                      Federation = U.S. Government
                      The Klingons = Iraq

All an inside job to invade the Klingons.

Rogue Federation members (including Peter Weller) force Khan into movement or else they will kill his followers. He and Kirk/Enterprise team up. At some point, Kirk dies... and Khan's blood brings him back to life. So the rumors go.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Trailer looks great (love the 'I'm sorry' line and moment from Kirk), but that storyline sounds ass.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• that's a fucking badass trailer.

SUPERMAN GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

Comment

• Gotta go with Rerb - trailer was pretty impressive. If Jamie's right about the story though, meh.

Comment

• Make sure to keep all story shit spoilered from here on out. I want to go in knowing no more than what I do now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Make sure to keep all story shit spoilered from here on out. I want to go in knowing no more than what I do now.
                                What about the anal? Do you want us to spoil that part of the plot for you?
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X