Skyfall, Mothafucka!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its an excellent teaser.

One thing you can't deny about QoS is that its arguably the most gorgeous looking Bond film (its terms of the palette, not the editing). But it looks to me as though Skyfall and my man Deakins just kicked the shit out of it.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      Its an excellent teaser.

One thing you can't deny about QoS is that its arguably the most gorgeous looking Bond film (its terms of the palette, not the editing).
      Prettiest coat of smacker-paint shelacked on the ugliest pig in the realm.

The architect's wet dream hotel in the middle of nowhere was a perfect visual to summarize my feelings on QoS: aesthetically pleasing but without a discernable purpose for existing.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

Russ is grumpy today.

*ducks*

I'm not disagreeing with you, actually, though I do still like a lot about Quantum of Solace, its massive technical and narrative flaws acknowledged.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Actually, I'm quite pleasant today. Quantum was just a monumental waste of time.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Russ drank oil this morning.

Comment

For his encore he'll be arm wrestling a guy eating a lit cigar for his estranged sons love.

*russ flips the switch*
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                Russ drank oil this morning.
                The Goldfinger homage was dumb.

And my oils are all in capsule form anyway.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yes, the film was kind of "meh". But, can we at least agree that QoS gets a couple of points for Miss Strawberry Fields, please?

Sans the Quaker Sate 40 weight skin therapy, as it'll make the sheets a bit of a mess.

Comment

She was hot. And then they killed her.

Mathis was a bro. Then they threw him in a fucking dumpster.

The hotel was beautiful. They put it in the fucking desert.

The car chase was going to be amazing. They hired Michael J. Fox to DP the sequence.

Maybe Forester did it on purpose, to call attention to the fact that life is fleeting and death is but one false move away. But that still doesn't explain the car chase.
                    Last edited by Captain Russ; 05-22-2012, 05:39 PM.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

New Bond girl, Berenice Marlohe.

Me liketh

Comment

Alice Creed put me right off Arterton.

Marlohe on the other hand... I love me some refined French gals.

Comment

Really? I dug Alice Creed enough.

Comment

I kinda hated it and her in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                              I love me some refined French gals.
                              I keep thinking about three shots of whiskey would knock the refinement right the FUCK out of those French girls.

The thought keeps me warm on chill autumn evenings.

Comment

Looks like the Bondiest Bond film ever. Phwoarr.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IEwA-JvDKTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X