No announcement yet.

BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe it's made out of some sort of proto-Kryptonese ubermesh that can withstand that kind of friction. I can buy that more than I can buy the fact that Tony Stark's body wouldn't be jello inside of that armor of his.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by PHEDG View Post
        wouldn't an ( inaccurately barely) flapping cape such as that be torn to shreds at supersonic speeds? Or is it woven from his hair or something?
        Originally posted by Matt View Post
        maybe it's made out of some sort of proto-Kryptonese ubermesh that can withstand that kind of friction. I can buy that more than I can buy the fact that Tony Stark's body wouldn't be jello inside of that armor of his.
        I just chalk it up to the possibility that scientific principles work slightly differently in the Land of Make-Believe. Movies, TV shows, comics - mere windows for me to observe such wonders. Then I go on about my day.

As for Josh's point about why we need to see Superman doing something super in a teaser, well, it IS a Superman flick. Your average schmo on the street, who's going to be part of the majority of the audience that's going to see this film, hears "new Superman film next year, here's a teaser", is going to want to see Superman doing something SUPER. Not Fisherman hauling crabs onto a boat, or Farmerman working in a field, or Laundryman fucking around with the clothes on the line. That's the target audience, as there's more average moviegoers than genre fans, and that audience has expectations as to what it's expecting to see. That's what's going to make 'em throw down their money opening night.

I happily admit that it IS a nicely shot trailer, it is very dramatic and moving, but apart from the last few seconds, it could be a teaser for an arthouse film, Oscar caliber drama, etc. instead of a superhero flick. WB is down two tentpole franchises now in almost as many years (Harry Potter, now Batman) - it needs to generate excitement and desire that a new Superman franchise is coming, and this teaser isn't doing it for me. Again, if you saw it and you got it, terrific! Much love and mad respect to you! I'm just expressing an opinion here, your mileage will vary.

Comment

• I get what you're saying about the average joe but you know what? Fuck those guys. I'm sick and fucking tired of "bodies hit the floor" and mayhem on every teaser/trailer for any movie that involves action. Maybe those average joe's need their expectations challenged once in a while and SUNUVABITCH WHY DON'T YOU JUST AGREE WITH ME ALREADY TIM? I'M JUST TRYING TO ENJOY ALL OF THE THINGS....FUUUUUUCK.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
              I get what you're saying about the average joe but you know what? Fuck those guys. I'm sick and fucking tired of "bodies hit the floor" and mayhem on every teaser/trailer for any movie that involves action. Maybe those average joe's need their expectations challenged once in a while and SUNUVABITCH WHY DON'T YOU JUST AGREE WITH ME ALREADY TIM? I'M JUST TRYING TO ENJOY ALL OF THE THINGS....FUUUUUUCK.
              It's all good, Josh! Really! (Get him his meds! NOW!) We don't need any "bodies hit the floor!" (Give Josh some milk and cookies, too!) I was just expecting something else, but... but I really liked Master and Commander's voiceover much more than Dances With Wolves', which was servicable, too!

Josh? We have your mom and your priest outside. They aren't going to do anything to you, just want to know you're OK. And that they really liked the teaser, too. Father Flanagan liked how the trailer built up to the reveal of Superman flying, and didn't think it was derivative of Iron Man's flight AT ALL. His only critique is why Superman would have contrails, but I'm sure there's a scientific explan - Josh. Put the chiar down, Josh. (Where the hell are his meds?)

Comment

• I would be totally down for Superman: Transformers Edition. Give me 90 minutes of him and Doomsday punching each other across the fucking world blowing up everything everywhere.

Comment

• Just read Invincible.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    I would be totally down for Superman: Transformers Edition. Give me 90 minutes of him and Doomsday punching each other across the fucking world blowing up everything everywhere.
                    best.movie.ever.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                      best.movie.ever.
                      Totally. This teaser feels like more Superman Returns. People did not like Superman Returns. Gimme big dumb shit with Superman going fucking nuts.

Comment

• That's not Superman, bro.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari
                          The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• what is flying off his foot?
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The red trunks...

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xECUrlnXCqk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• lulz.

Comment

Working...
                                X