BLUE BALLS, BAT NIPS, and WONDER TITS -SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    like I said on the book of the face: that's all I wanted in a Superman film (him punching things) and I got it. And on top of that I also got: An amazing Krypton, Russell Crowe actually being awesome, Kevin Costner without gills, no Lex Luthor, Michael Shannon as an alien bad ass, Detective Stabler fighting a Kryptonian with a knife, Sexy Deadliest Catch Clark, Amy Adams, and a killer soundtrack. Not too shabby in my opinion.

It can only get better.
    This post makes me want to see it again in the theater.

I would very much like to see fallout from the fight dealt with in the sequel, preferably with humans still not trusting Jim. I imagine that front would be led by Luthor. Instead of real estate shenanigans, it'll be all Halliburton up in this with LL making cash off the rebuilding of the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMichaelKrol View Post
      I cut in front of him at the bar during Morrisoncon. I didn't know who he was. Then he got into an altercation during one of the panels with another guest. I didn't see it though. I was too busy getting wasted.
      Did he threaten to get his dad involved?
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
        I still think people are throwing 75 years of previous ideals and beliefs at a character who IN THAT movie is just now becoming "Superman." Are there problems with the film? Sure. But some of the shit I'm reading sounds like they are talking about the HISTORY of Superman instead of the character that exists inside the MoS universe.

Here's the thing about it. With the history, comes the responsibility.

If you don't want it, then don't work on Superman. Create something original or tackle another character.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post

I would very much like to see fallout from the fight dealt with in the sequel, preferably with humans still not trusting Jim. I imagine that front would be led by Luthor. Instead of real estate shenanigans, it'll be all Halliburton up in this with LL making cash off the rebuilding of the city.

Exactly. Perfect way to set up Luthor and then in film 3 he's all EEVVVVIILLLLLLL with his suit and lasers and shit.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            Here's the thing about it. With the history, comes the responsibility.

If you don't want it, then don't work on Superman. Create something original or tackle another character.
            While I understand your point and somewhat agree, I still think the viewer has to realize that just because the character is 75 years old, that does not mean that in this particular film he has 75 years of being superman to make decisions on. Granted there are still some problems with the film, but a ton of shit out there seems nit picky as fuck.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• All I know, all I care about, was that I enjoyed the film. Yeah, the script and editing could have used a punch up, but like Rob said, it pretty much did what it set out to do - make Superman a tentpole again.

Here's hoping the sequel is akin to Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight, and not Batman Forever (jeez, dat film).

I like Digger's take on Luthor, and it'd make me eager to see that character again. But first, Brainiac. Parasite. Maybe even Mongul. Leading to Darkseid in a JLA film.

Also, how much will Michael Shannon's star rise after this? 'Cause I'm all man-crushing on him and shit.

Comment

• That Mark Strong thing. I'd join the booster club for it.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post

And it'd be hilariously meta, what with the whole doomsday machine crater being filled in by a bald Adrian Viedt's work crews.

Bravo, Zach!
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...129000-people/
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• So here's the thing that bugs me about the whole "Superman destroyed Metropolis" complaint I keep reading. He was on the other side of the world (literally) stopping the world machine creator thing. By the time he got to Metropolis it was already fucked. Then he got into a fight with the biggest badass on Krypton, a trainer soldier and killer. Didn't he chase him all over Metropolis? It's not like Superman just smashed shit for fun, he was against someone in full control of himself, while Superman himself was still learning what he could do. They smashed through a couple buildings, then he snapped Zod's neck. Superman did fuck all damage to Metropolis.

Comment

• I agree with you however, Supes could have like punched him up in the air instead of through buildings nonstop.

Comment

• Again, Superman has no real control over his abilities, and he's also going against a total fucking badass. Punching someone square on when it's two knuckleheads going at it is hard enough, going against an intergalactic villain would be near impossible. WHY AM I THINKING SO MUCH ABOUT SUPERMAN

Comment

• People will never be happy.

Best to just realize this and move on. It's pointless to argue at this point when we've all reached the same conclusion.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I just want to be clear, I still love the movie. I just thought that infographic was hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                                People will never be happy.
                                God, THIS.

After Superman Returns opened, it was nonstop "GOD I WISH HE WOULD THROW A PUNCH!"
                                After Man of Steel opened, it's nonstop "GOD ALL HE DID WAS PUNCH THINGS!"
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X