Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard View Post
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31679

Click on the pic to enlarge. Does nothing for me. Also, the costume looks armored?
    Why does everything have to have the goddamn basketball texture?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by J.Jonah Jameson View Post
      I don't care if this is going ostracize me from the group of fanwankers, but I actively root for speed-ramping in this movie.

If any character could utilize the technique, it's the Bobby Bottleservice Superman.
      90 mins of speed ramping. DOO EEET
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

The suit looks fine. Still not sold on the guy wearing it, but I'm not writing him or the film off. I'd rather this be good. It's just that Snyder's involvement doesn't generate the confidence it once did.

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
        Actually, it looks like Tommy Wiseau - "You're tearing me apart, Lisa!"
        I tried to rep you for this, Tim. Oh, how I did try!

"OH, HI MARK."
        "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

All I know is that on a very different board, someone is melting down over this single image.

And I can't help but laugh heartily at their plight.
          Oh yeah

But that emblem is huge, better run this by Senior Superman Analyst Award-Winning Randall for further insight.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
            Why does everything have to have the goddamn basketball texture?
            I think it started with the web texture on the spandex of the Spidey suit. Looked good there. Here? Not so much. Although I like the ginormous shield and cape darting.

Comment

Comment

Lol!

"When everybody is Super - No one is."

Comment

From what I read, the reasoning behind doing the silk screen texture on the original Spidey suit was to enhance the musculature and definition of Maguire and whatever stunt people were decked out in the suit, so as to make the character look more heroic, especially in motion. They did something similar in the Star Trek reboot with little Federation symbols on the tunics, and with the Super-suit in Superman Returns, except in that case, much like Man of Steel, the texture is raised material, not silk-screen. For the Superman flicks, it's really unnecessary IMO as both actors are kind of huge anyway, and Cavill looks like he has more mass than Routh ever did.

Were it me, I'd have lost the texturing entirely (can't be cheap to sculpt it onto a body suit), or silk-screened the musculature on, but subtly. The actor's physique should do most of the work in the suit.

Comment

At least Superman looks big as shit this time around.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

D'ya think so, mate? Embiggened "S" aside, it's not clear how buff he really is. That vault door could be a hubcap from space for all we know.

Also, excellent call on Syndrome, Jan.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

The last costume downplayed Routh's physique. I have no doubt the dude killed himself in the gym, but the design was so flat that it didn't do him any favors.

Like it or not, the gooseflesh suit solves this problem but unfortunately trades it for the issue of overworked design.

Either way, I can't bring myself to cast aspersions. I can't wait to see Zod.

Routh was a Ken doll. Cavil looks like a space rapist that just got out of space jail.
                        Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-05-2011, 02:14 PM.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Routh was a Ken doll. Cavil looks like a space rapist that just got out of space jail.
                          So he's a bro?

Comment

YOU BET YOUR FRENCH KISSIN' TACOS HE'S A BRO

ALPHA AS FUCK
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Let's not talk about tacos. Please.

Damn diet...
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Good thing they made that "S" huge. I wasn't sure who I was looking at.
                                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Working...
                                X